Meet Abby

Madame Pomfrey's potions seem to have done the trick. Percy is well enough after lunch the next day to attend his last class, Care of Magical Creatures. His right arm and a few of his ribs are still far from healed, but other than that plus a little soreness he feels great. 

Slytherin has class with Gryfindor and Percy stands awkwardly with Harry, Hermione and Ron instead of his own house. Harry keeps shooting him guilty looks, but he ingores them. After all he was the one who fell of the broom in the first place. The only upside is that Hermione seems willingly to be a little nicer to him and Ron may or may not be treating him as if he's superman for saving his best friend. 

When Hagrid saunters over, Percy's eyes widen at his size. Hermione whispers that he's half giant. She frowns when Percy pales farther. 

"What's wrong?" She  asks a little harshly. She doesn't like people discriminating against Hagrid. In fact she may get a bit too defensive of him.

Percy sighs, "I've just had some bad experiences with giants and the one good one I met...... " He shakes his head quickly. The next part he whispers to himself and Hermione knows she isn't meant to hear it. "I messed up big time. .. It should have been me."

Before she question him Hargrid himself interrupts. "Today 've got somethin' special to show you. Real rare, these creatures."

He motions behind him and a beautiful mare emerges from the forest. She trots hesitantly up to the group. She is a light tan with soft brown speckles. When she sees Percy she races up to him and circles him happily. 'My lord! What are you doing here?! Have you come to fly my lord?!' Then seeming to find her manors she steps back and bows. 'Of course, only if you want to my lord.'

The rest of the class just stares, fortunately unaware of the mental tirade of the horse, or rather as Percy realizes a Pegasus. He shakes his head, suppressing a groan. He hates being called lord. It's just weird. Without thinking he says. "You can quit that you know."

Hagrid blinks at him and seems even more surprised when the young mare does as she's told and looks as looks as sheepish as a horse possibly can. She trots up and sniffs Percy's arm which hangs limply at his side since he abandoned the sling. 'What happened my lord?'

Percy rubs her neck thoughtfully. "It's nothing girl. I just fell. What's you name?"

"It's Abigail," Hagrid responds, letting his jaw hang slightly slack. Pegasi aren't exactly known for being cooperative. Even when they are they don't like people much.

'Don't listen to him my lord. It's Abby.'

Percy nods and looks up at Hagrid. "I'm guessing she likes you because you give her some kind of sweets. It's only going to make her fat you know."

Hermione snorts out a laugh, while Ron and Abby simply look offended. Ron loves sweets just as much as the pegasus does. Harry smiles and Hagrid shifts from foot to foot looking as if he were just caught with his hand caught in the cookie jar.

The rest of the class is uneventful. Hagrid gives a lecture on pegasi, most of which Percy cannot help but point out the faults in though he doesn't voice any of these aloud. He sits quietly by the mare who insist on laying beside him in the grass. She seems to enjoy fussing over his injuries and he honestly doesn't mind the motherly attention.

Abby is still too young to ride so after the class she flies off alone and everyone walks back to the castle. Percy moves sluggishly, his ribs creaking in protest to every movement. Madame Pomfrey gave him more medicine to take, but he left in the room untouched after smelling the retched stuff. Hermione hangs back to walk beside him.

"Why did that pagasus like you so much?" she asks suddenly.

"I don't know Hermione. Maybe I smell good or something." At her skeptical look Percy continues. "I'm good with horses, maybe it has something to do with that."

"Still....." she says.

"Besides," he cuts in. "I think anybody, person or animal, will be nice to you if you are nice to them and just give them a chance." Without he walks ahead despite his protesting body. Hermione is left slightly stunned. She wonders why it sounds as if he meant so much more by that statement than the obvious.

------------------------------------------------------

Percy sits down in front of Dumbledore in the headmaster's office. The older man looks rather tired as he settles back into his chair.

"Is something wrong?" Percy asks.

Dumbledore looks up at him. "It seems things are rather complicated with Professor Umbridge here."

"The pink toad lady?"

Dumbledore blinks, but then nods slowly, his eyes alight. "Yes that's the one."

Percy leans back in his seat, carefully placing his right arm on his lap. "I haven't had her yet what with everything going on, though she did give me a detention today for being in the hall during classes."

"I see," Dumbledore says, folding his hands on his desk. "I would advise you to be more cautious around Professor Umbridge. She can be a bit tempermental. Now you had something you wished to tell me."

"Ah yeah." Percy sits forward again. "I've been having these dreams and with demigods, dreams are important. They're about the one you're at war with right now, Voldemort.

Dumbledore's brow furrows. "Do tell."

The demigod sighs. He suddenly feels weary. "He tortures people often.... I can't do anything about it and it's..." he shakes his head to clear it. "Anyway he's planning on making his move soon. He's curious about me too, because I just suddenly transfered here. He thinks you're planning something." When Dumbldore doesn't say anything Percy goes on. "He's right though. You are planning something aren't you?"

The old headmaster smiles tiredly. "I don't know quite what you mean Mr. Jackson. Now if that is all why don't you go back to room and get some rest. I'll have someone bring you dinner."

Percy nods and stands. "It's okay. I'm not very hungry. I had a big lunch."

He leaves the office before Dumbledore can say anything else. He heads straight for the tree by the pond where he plans to spend the rest of the evening alone. In truth he hasn't had dinner, but really he never has the stomach anymore to eat more than a couple things a day. He knows it isn't healthy but since Tartarus....

He shakes his head and lies down in the fading light of the sun. It's going to be a very long school year.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quick update. Hope you enjoyed, because I am about to pass out I am so tired.

Anyway please vote, comment and follow.

~Halie <3