Complications

Harry isn't sure what to make of Percy Jackson. The Slytherin is definetly shrouded in mystery, but Harry can't say he mistrust the guy yet. After spending time with him in the library he found he is rather relaxed in his company. Still he can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen and it has to do with Percy.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Slytherin-Gryffindor quidditch match comes quickly and before Percy knows it he is outfitted in the green and black uniform, holding a ratty broom in his hand. The team seems disheartened at the change of gear, but Malfoy withdrew his generous donations when his son was kicked off the team. So they'll just have to make do.

Percy by default leads the team onto the field where he faces Harry Potter, the living legacy in more ways than one. The demigod has to admit that he's a bit intimidated by what he's heard of the guy, but he shakes it off. He's been through two wars. He can deal with one little game with high school aged wizards. 

The stadium is fuller than ever, everyone having come out to see what they expect will be an interesting match. Rumors have spread like wildfire about the new guy's speed and Harry hasn't been defeated, unless of course you count the dementor attack. 

When the whistle blows both boys raise into the air, ready to take off at the first sign of gold. Harry is relaxed but still alert while Percy is tense and nervous, Snape's rundown of the rules not exactly making him confident. He's not even sure what the pointy-nosed professor said. 

Harry gets the advantage when he spots the snitch first and is off before Percy has any idea what is going on. However Percy quickly catches up and his swift eyes easily catch sight of his target. He hunches his shoulders and barrels into the wind, intending to reach it before his adversary can. He's tired from the consecutive nights filled with dreams of the noseless Voldemort and he's slower than what he could be if he were well rested. He pushes through it. In both the final battle in Manhattan and the one in Greece he fought with much less sleep than this.

The emerald eyed Harry struggles beside Percy. Still Percy gains the upper hand at the last second pulling only a shoulder ahead with an outstretched arm. Harry nearly curses when the older boy's hand closes around the little golden ball, but his eyes quickly widen as a sense of deja vu overcomes him.

Percy is leaning too far forward much like Harry did his first year and his broom tips forward, releasing him into the air. However two things are very different from the Harry's past tumble. One: Percy manages quite nicely to not eat the snitch. Two: He is so much higher in the air and this fall is definitely deadly.  

Harry races after him, managing to just clasp Percy's arm and stunt his fall partially before they both slam cruelly into the sandy ground below.

At Harry blinks the stars out of his eyes and sits up stiffly, he realizes two more things. The first is that dispite the pain he obviously feels it is only minor and he is for the most part okay. The next thing is that he landed partially on top of his opponet, who is now laying way to still. Well that's just great. He was trying to save him and instead Percy protected him. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Percy wakes in a cold sweat from yet another dream. His body feels like lead and there are piercing pains in his head and back. He shifts but hisses when the movement cause a raging fire to shoot up his torso and the room to spin. 

"Easy now," says a kind and slightly familiar voice. Percy blinks to clear his vision and turns his head very slowly to stare at the aging wizard. Dumbledore smiles down at him. "You took quite the fall back there."

"Believe it or not I've fallen from higher," Percy croaks, managing his crooked smile. He appears to be in some kind of long in infirmary, lined a both sides by small white cots. "How's Harry though."

Dumbledore chuckles as he places something on the nightstand to next the bed. Percy doesn't feel up to twisting around much just to see what it is. "He's terribly worried, but other than that quite okay thanks to you." He gives Percy a knowing smile. "He thought you were dead at first, almost had a panic attack."

He laughs weekly. "Would you be surprised if I said that this also isn't the first time I've been thought dead."

"I have some stories." Dumbledore says, shaking his head slightly. "But I suppose that's a discussion for another time. I just came to see it that Madame Pomfrey's potions are working and that your body's healing."

Percy nods. He doesn't even want to ask about the potions. Dumbledore quickly exuses himself, leaving Percy alone to dwell in his thoughts. In his dream Voldemort had been torturing someone and just the memory of it makes Percy feel sick. He knows demigod dreams often portray what's going on elsewhere, especially if it has something to do with said demigod.

He slumps back into the pillows and groans. Why does life have to be so difficult?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sally sits alone in the kitchen as the night presses in around her. Percy said he'd come home didn't he? He should be here by now. It's been several days. But of course she knows that her son is too selfless and will likely do everything in his power to aid the wizards in this war, the one she so desperately one to spare him from.

She slipped out of her room about half an hour after Paul feel asleep, to think alone. Yes, she is a wizard and a pure blood at that, but she never was that strong and she much preferred the muggle world where things have always been so much more simple. (You know, until she slept with a Greek god) She doesn't want her son anywhere magic. Sure it's amazing and dazzling, but it's also dangerous and Percy is one of the biggest victims of bad luck that has ever existed.

She twist a small picture in her hands. It's in black and white, but she looks at and sees it as if it were in color. She stands beside to brown haired Gryffindors, one of who wore glasses and played quidditch every chance he got. The other a petite girl with a kind smile and selfless nature. Later they would go on to be married, have a son and happy life that could not last long. She stands to the side in her yellow and black robes, that are way too big. The other girl has once arm around her and her other hand tucked in the boy's.

Those were some of the best years of her life, but they were also so misleading. The hid the tragedy that was doomed to occur only years later on a deceitfully peaceful night.

She lays the photo on the table upside down and stands. She wants to contact Percy, but there's danger in exposing him. She moves across the room and takes out a small box out of one of the cabinets. It's only four inches wide by four inches long. Inside it contains a delicate neclace. A silvery owl carries a tiny blue-green trident in it's beak. It's something Percy had Tison make so that he could give it to Annabeth for Christmas, which is still some time away.

She closes the box and pushes it back into place. Her heart aches at the thought that her son won't be home for the holidays yet again the year. (A/N the last time was because he was spending it at camp right before he was kidnapped by Hera. He needed to be with Annabeth :)

----------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. I definitely want to know. The more comments, the more likely I am to update. Vote it you want more and follow me if you like my writing.

~Halie <3