Escape

Bellatrix is almost crueler than Voldemort. She doesn't use many spells besides the Cruciatus curse, but she has greatly favors a thin, but jagged dagger. She doesn't touch his face, cooing multiple times that it's too pretty to soil. Needless to say, he's thankful when she's gone.

He lays in the silence, breathing heavy and cold beyong belief. He won't admit it out loud, but he's scared. He's scared that Voldemort or Bellatrix will come back. He's scared that he'll get sicker. He's scared that he'll die in this place. He's not scared of pain so to speak, but he's scared that it's all he's going to feel for the rest of his short, miserable life.

There's suddenly a lot of noise coming from above, startling Percy. In the time he's been down here he hasn't been able to hear any outside noice. He props himself up on his arms and attempts to listen better. All he can tell his that there is some kind of large struggle. He doesn't allow hope to blossom in his chest though. The Death Eaters are ruthless from what he's heard. It's very likely that they've got someone else to play with.

Without warning the door is thrown open and light gushes into the room. Percy covers his eyes with one arm, collapsing onto his side as he does so. He doesn't know quite what to do, but he can feel panic dripping into his veins. 

"Percy!"

An immediate warmth spreads  throughout his body. That voice, oh gods, that voice. He can't begin to explain how much he loves that voice. He pushes himself to his feet and raps the girl that rushes up to him in a large hug. He breaths in the scent of strawberries and books. Annabeth.

She pulls back. "We have to go."

He nods and allows her to pull him up the steps and into the large first floor of what must be a mansion. He blinks, trying his best to ignore the dizziness, and attempts to see through the now blinding amount of light. He can see that there are battles raging around him. Is that the twins, Harry, Hermione, and Ron? Over there in the corner Nico is fighting and to Percy's right is Jason, also locked in combat.

Annabeth immediately charges into the fray, pushing through to get to their friends. Percy quickly follows, though it is much more of a struggle for him than it is for her. It's honestly a wonder that he's even standing let alone about to fight. He manages to get hold of dagger (Riptide won't work on wizards sort of how it doesn't work on mortals) and heads toward Ron and Hermione. They are fighting side by side in a similar if not as perfected way as he and Annabeth. 

It takes some time, but they all manage to meet together at the edge of the room. The wizards, minus Percy who didn't manage to crab his wand when he was taken, all grab hold of a non-wizard and appate.

When they arrive in Hogsmeade Percy almost drops to the ground. The twins, who he had apparated with, just manage to catch him. Nobody else seems to have noticed. Hermione seems to have brought Annabeth and the two girls seem to be already talking strategies. Harry brought Jason and both boys seem to be taking in their surroundings. That leaves Ron with Nico and the poor wizard seems about ready to wet himself.

"You alright there?" Fred asks.

"Yeah you look a bit-" George begins, but then his eyes widen and he pulls one of his hands up to his face. Even with the poor light, you can clearly make out the think red liquid spread across his pale skin. It's obviously not his own. It's seems to be now that the brothers realize the severity of Percy's wounds.

They shout over to the others and that's all it takes. Jason and Annabeth carry Percy between them as they rush towards the school. It suddenly seems so far away. Percy can't help, but feel better. His fears are starting leak out of him. It would be difficult for Voldemort to attack so close to the castle and he's quite confident in his friend's abilities. Not only that, but even if he were to die, this isn't such a bad place. Still he's not too worried. His wounds are bad, but now that he's free he's sure that he'll eventually be alright.

- O - O - O - O - O -

Professor Mcgonagall is just returning to the main hall when the large doors creek open. She has been worrying endlessly since the five students disappeared earlier, especially since it's those five, and Dumbldore seems to know something, but won't tell her anything. 

She turns in surprise as the group stumbles in the into the hall, looking very frantic. She's about to start scolding and deducting points when she notices the limp form clutched between two (unknown) blondes. Her eyes widen beyond what they probably should when she realizes that the person they are carrying is in fact Percy Jackson who went missing not three days earlier. And he looks to be in very bad shape.

She waves at the twins. "Get Professor Dumbledore."

Then she leads the remaining students hurriedly to Madame Pomfrey. The old nurse nearly has a heart attack when they lay Percy down on the cot. His head rolls to the side as he lost consciousness before they made it to the school. He's pale from blood loss and his cheeks blaze with color because of fever.  There are so many wounds on his body, oddly enough none on his face or neck. 

Pomfrey shoos them, rushing them towards the door. She too echoes that they should get Dumbledore before she closes them out entirely. Annabeth looks furious, but Harry assures her that he's in good hands. She finally relents and follows the group to the Gryffindor common room, where Mcgonagall demands to hear the full story. Annabeth tells it, keeping the demigod side of things of out it. She just mentions that they have training with swords because they took classes.

It's a very long explanation and Percy's awake by the time the finish it.

- O - O - O - O - O -

Percy blinks as he regains consciousness. He's back in the infirmary of Hogwarts. He shifts and his body screams in agony. Madame Pomfrey  hurries over. "Now don't you go moving on me. Magic onl does so much. You're lucky you're alive."

He nods numbly and settles back into the mattress. His arm is bandaged heavily and pinned to his bruiced and broken chest. He can feel the broken bones mending slowly, just as his arm had been doing before this all happened. He allows the nurse to fuss over him, not that he has much of a choice.

Nearly twenty minutes later he has visiters. Annabeth leads the way, followed by Hermione and Jason. Harry, Ron and Nico hang back just behind that. Professors Mcgonagall, Snape and Dumbldore trail them. 

Slowly he sits up, despite Pomfrey's protests. Finally she settles for helping by propping him  up with pillows and handing him yet another drink to help with the pain. They all start talking about once and he just smiles as he listens. He notices a small, but sad smile on the headmasters face as well. 

Annabeth decides after only a few minutes to tell everyone to shut up. She sits down beside him on the bed and glares at him. "I cannot believe you got yourself in such a mess." His grin widens and her eyes narrow. "Percy Jackson, this is not fun! You really could have died this time! Then I would be stuck with those idiot Stolls and very upset Tyson."You are not doing that to me!"

Everyone laughs a little at that and Nico even manages a small smile. Annabeth shakes her head and looks up. The slight smile that had slipped on her face slips off as she looks hard at Percy. "Why haven't you said anything?"

He frowns and his eyebrows furrow. He opens his mouth as if he wants to say something, but then closes it. It's Madame Pomfrey who answers her, "It seems that someone has used a spell on him that has taken away his ability to to talk or make any sound with his voice."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I think this is by far one of the biggest cliff hangers I have ever done. How many of you actually caught that he wasn't speaking? As much as you hate cliff hangers, I love them as a writer. I know for sure now that a lot of peopel will read the next chapter to get answers and find out what happens. It keeps you lovely readers coming back and that my friends, is a writer's job.

Anyway please comment, vote and follow me. Then go check out my other stories if you haven't already.