Brooms

Percy is sitting out by the lake, his feet in the water earning him not a few weary glances. Classes were out for the day and since he couldn't find Snape or Mcgonagall he decide to follow some of the other students outside. He has to admit it was a pretty place, but nothing compare to Camp Half Blood. 

At the thought he feels a deep ache spread through his chest. He had been moping around camp since the end of the war with Gaea sure, but for him the place was still the most relaxing in the world. 

Percy looks into the water and spots one of the mermaids hovering just below the surface. It's the same one from this morning. She watches him curiously. So of course he waves, flipping her his trademark troublemaker smile.

She returns his smile, with a twisted one and then turns and delves farther into the water.

Percy sighs. He gets the sensation he has been getting more and more recently, the one that makes his own skin uncomfortable to wear. He stands and makes his way back into the building. The corridor is winds around outside before cutting in. He has no clue which way he should go from there, so it takes him nearly two hours before he comes across Snape again, who sighs and leads him outside. 

"Take this class," he says handing Percy a broom and stomps off.

Percy first stares at it like am I supposed to sweep the field or something?! Then he looks at all the twelve year olds around him and grimaces. He has officially been down graded and even though he thinks everyone here is weird, it is still embarrassing. All of the kids have brooms laying to their right and they stand in two lines facing each other. So Percy finds a spot at the end across from a shy-looking blonde girl and lays the broom down. 

Can you spell awkward much? 

An older teacher approaches. She has gray hair, yellow eyes, and a stern face as her cloaks billow out around her. Percy begins to wonder if every teacher here is stone faced like the ones he has met so far and if you so, where does that leave the headmaster? 

She commands them to reach out their hand and say up. What's that supposed to do? The other students do as they are told, their brooms begin to shake as if trying to obey the command. After a few students have succesfully caught their brooms in their hands and stand smiling, Percy decides to give it a try.

He tentatively reaches out his right hand. This won't work. Definitely not. These kids are wizards. He is not. He can't use magic. He takes a deep breath and says in a hard voice...

"Up!"

What will happen next? Thought this would be a good stopping point. :)

Anyway I have got a few comments that people think Percy should be in Gryffindor. I totally agree. However he wasn't sorted by the hat and Mcgonagal doesn't actually know what he is or where he came from. Snape is the one helping him, though Percy doesn't know why. So he is in Slytherin mostly to keep close to Snape and to put distance between and the every curious Hermione. 

Yeah she's totally finding out anyway. :)

Oh yeah and sorry for the majorly short chappie!

Also I'm doing another Percy Jackson story and I need names for characters. Go check it out please.