Conner and Travis's Prank

Leaves crunch underfoot, shadows bouncing against one wall and then the other before slipping away. 

Conner and Travis Stoll grin at each other and sneak quietly up to Percy Jackson's window. 

Travis holds in his hand a hairbrush similar to the one Rachel once had. However, this is not the redhead's Titan-conquering blue plastic hairbrush. This one had been given to them by a set of twins that they had met over Facebook recently. 

The red-headed brothers from online had said that whoever was touching the brush at 11:45 tonight (Eastern Standard. Of course they double-checked)  would be given a hilarious surprise (Conner's bet was on an explosion of glitter). 

The Stoll brothers are annoyed because while everyone has happily returned to normal life after Ghea's defeat, Percy has instead remained depressed. He either locks himself in his cabin or violently attacks whatever is in the training arena. 

In their opinion, he should really lighten up.

With only seconds to spare Travis ducks in the open window and tucks the brush into a sleeping Percy's hand. They both stand back and wait with excitement. 

The brush soon begins to glow, its entire surface lighting up until the inside of the dark cabin is illuminated. Conner just has time to say "Maybe this wasn't such a --" when there is a pop and Percy vanishes.