40

Ken's POV

I walked out of the house holding myself not to weep. No matter what I did, no matter what I said she was not going to forgive me. I mean do I even deserve her forgiveness?
I held the door of my car open and made to hop in but a hand tapped me from behind. My heart swelled thinking that maybe she did come back for me, to tell me she had already forgiven me but when I turned, my heart dropped.

"Hey" I said not even hearing my own voice.
"Do you want a drink?" He asked.

Rachel's POV

I walked lazily to my vase and dropped the flower. The only person that ever bought me flowers was Josh after Ken and I knew he would notice if a new one was there. I didn't want him to probe and probe, so as soon as he asked I was just going to let him on the truth.

I walked over to my room and threw some clothes into the laundry basket. It was a miracle Josh hadn't walked into my room this week because it was a clear definition of mess. I tapped on the telephone to check if I had a message, I did.

From Lucy "hey babe, I am out on vac this month. I took a leave from Mr Miles, he looked like a bomb was dropped on his pants" she chuckled, I did too "but he agreed, I am sorry for not letting you on earlier but I tried calling you so many times. I hope you're well. Bye Rachel, I love you" she said and I heard her blew a kiss.

I smiled, she was such a charming friend.

The second one came from Anna "hi Rachel" it said "I was just bored so I decided to ring you up but you didn't pick. How is the preparation going? Bye I have to get to work now" she said hurriedly and dropped.

The next two were from my colleagues at home and Mr Miles, then one from Josh.

"Hey sunshine, I was standing in front of your house when I spotted a friend, I will be back later, order some pizza. I love you" he said and dropped.

I sighed and dropped my weight on the bed. It was strange because Josh rarely went out with anyone but people do change right. Without thinking much of it, I carried my basket and headed to the washing machine. I had a florist to see in two hours anyways.

Ken's POV

It felt strange in it entirety to be anywhere alone and together with this person beside me. Our drive had been painfully silent and I prayed I hadn't just caused another problem for Rachel.

"What do you want sir?" The waiter asked him.
"My usual, red label" he said with the kind of authority I hadn't seen before.
"Place your order Mr Alsina" he said.

"Dry Gin" I said.

"Dry gin it is then" the big nosed waiter said and hurried out, leaving both of us alone again.

"What's wrong?" I asked first, not sure if he was deliberately tormenting me with the silence. "I mean why all these drinking together?"

He looked at me and shrugged "Nothing, just wanted us to talk"
"About what? Rachel?" I said almost snapping.

"Is that who you want to talk about?" He said regarding me almost kindly "then go ahead"

I calmed down as the waiter placed our orders. When he left I began "I know it's strange seeing me coming out of her apartment but there is nothing foul there. I just wanted to get things straight with her before she got married"

"Okay" he said gulping his rich wine. He didn't care to sip.

"I had hurt her so bad that it hurts me" I said surprised that I was even talking to him.