33

Josh looked at me apologetically, I knew he could see the pain there. How did they even get to know themselves!
"So this was your girlfriend?" Anna stated to Josh "Rachel"
Josh had huffed "excuse me? I even barely know you and I would appreciate it if you don't try to make any drama out of this"
Anna frowned for a moment and the smile reappeared. She handed Rachel the bag.
"This gift cost me a lot" she said blankly "you will love it" she said
I took the fancy bag from her. I had already made it a tradition that everyone that offers me a gift on my birthday, I would surely accept it. If it were on any other day, I would have shoved her gift to her face.
"Enjoy the rest of the party Anna" Josh said.
She eyed me and smiled at Josh in a way that showed she was sad. She tried to hide it well but I saw it.

"What the hell Josh!" I yelled as soon as she was gone.
He held me "I had only helped her randomly once when she was drunk. She saw me earlier and dropped me off here. Its nothing. If I knew she was your sister I wouldn't have done this"

I believed him, he would never want to hurt me. He held me and we began to dance, from the corner of my house I saw Anna drinking all alone. Mum and Dad danced like it was their anniversary, I smiled. When we were done with dancing, we took our seats and the M.C decided it was time we played some games. The first was Truth or Dare. The pillow was passed round and once it stopped on anyone when the music stops, the person would have to choose between T or D. I rubbed my palms together and waited.
"You have to say the truth or drop any amount from ten dollars" the M.C said "if you lie, you will have a boil between your thighs"
We laughed.
The game began and the first victim was Mum. I couldn't contain my laughter, she stepped out in her grace and beauty. Dad stared at her in pride.
"Mrs Hall" the M.C began with a wicked grin on his face "choose your pick. We have numbers one to fifty"
"Haa" mum laughed. "Number nine"
The man read and grinned "Perfect! Are you ready!"
This time everyone shouted that they were.
"Truth or Dare?"
"Truth!"
"Where was the first place you saw your lover?"
Mum blushed red, Dad ohed and Sean laughed. I laughed into my palms, I just realised that they never even told us.
"At the train station" mum said "he was so cute"
Everyone laughed and clapped and Dad threw up his hands before clapping. The next victim was Lucy.
"Truth or Dare!" The M.C blared.
"Truth" Lucy said. I winked at her "and number four"
The man shrugged "Who was your crush that you never confessed to?"
Everywhere went calm and Lucy glanced at me. Dropping money wasn't an option.
"Uhmm" she began embarrassed.
"You might decide to drop the money" he said causing everyone to smile and watch in anticipation.

"Mr Miles" she said and Rachel gasped. The look of surprise appeared on Mr Miles across the room, but we all clapped and Lucy ran out of stage.

It was all going well when the pillow stopped on Anna. I let out a gasp and it was like every other person felt the same thing too. She stood up and walked to the stage, Mum and Dad forced a smile on their faces and Sean frowned. Josh gave my hand a squeeze to reassure me that it was going to be fine.
"Truth or Dare, which one is it going to be!" The M.C asked.
She smiled "Truth and number 11"
"What did you strangely find fun doing?"
My heart lipped a bit. She looked at me and smirked, most people there didn't even know she was my sister.

She patted her hair and held the Microphone closer to her mouth, then looked at me and said "Taking people's things, you know snatching things or maybe people that belonged to other people"
My hatred for her jumped to cloud nine, the crowd was already laughing and clapping because of the way she put it but I didn't find it a bit funny. She had come at me and I knew it, but it was my day and I was going to do the best thing which was to ignore her.
The game continued and finally rested on Dad. He chose Truth and was asked the craziest stuff he was asked to do and by whom.
He replied "When my wife asked me to get her baby Pampers when she was only five months gone that she needed to change the baby's pampers"

I laughed as Mum turned red, I could imagine both of them fighting over themselves about this for the month. I was thrown out of my thoughts when the pillow stopped on Anna again. She stood up and walked up. This time she chose Dare.
"Dare, number 1" she said with a smile. Everywhere grew quiet.
"You are dared to kiss someone" The M.C said.

She frowned.
"The tricky thing is that you are expected to Pick from this basket. It contains the names of everyone here, if you pick a lady its either you kiss her or you drop cash"

The crowd clapped.
She blew a breath and picked a paper, she slowly unfolded it and her face lit up with a smile, people began to applaud again.
The M.C took the paper from her "Wow! She picked a guy!"

I released my breath, thank God this crap didn't pick my name.

"So the guy is! Joshua!"

Time stopped for a second and I felt the world turning upside down, no it can't be happening! The witch!
"Please step on stage Mr Josh" the M.C said.
Everyone saw it as fun but I was dying within. Josh squeezed my hand and whispered "This would be over in less than a minute, I promise"

She wouldn't agree to kiss him, would she? She just had to drop the money. Please!
"So, Miss....?"
"Annabel" she said.
"So Miss Annabel, would you kiss him or drop money?"
She looked at him and smiled, the crowd chuckled. I could see my whole Family frowning. Lucy looked like she was going to spring up any minute to fight, but she didn't.
She looked over at me and then at Josh "of course, I would kiss him"