37

Anna's POV

Grmmm Grimm! Grmmm Grmm!

I was jolted up by the sound of my phone as I cursed and sat up. Who the hell was ringing me so early this morning. I looked at my clock, it was just some minutes past six. I still had like three more hours to get to work, there was still time. I sat up and picked up my phone. It was Ken.

"Hi" I said dryly.
"You're to have breakfast with my family" he said coldly "by seven"
I huffed "What? And you're just telling me. I have to get to work!"
"Just who do you think you are? My mistress or my wife? So when should I have told you? Last week?"

I sat up "I don't understand what you and your family think you are but I will be there in few minutes and I will leave there exactly by seven thirty, so whatever it is you want to say, you better hurry it up" I didn't allow him to reply before I ended the call and stood up.

I needed to show them that I wasn't scared of them while deep down I knew that Mrs Alsina frightened me, as for Ken since he pulled that stuff in Rachel's party, I also gave him some credits.

I stumbled into my bathroom and began to look myself over in the mirror. I looked a mess but I didn't stand about much long.

I stepped out of the bathroom after a hot shower and dabbed at my wet hair. I plugged in the hair dryer and waited till I was sure the hair was absolutely dried before I put off the switch and pulled on my blue suit. I styled my hair perfectly, noting in horror that my hair was growing both longer and all over the place and I prayed I would remember to get to my stylist during the weekend. I put on dreamy blue eye-shadow and a bright red lipstick to match my blue and black suit, then I fix in my silver earings to match. I picked up my silver shoes and wore them, then I grabbed my blue bag and my car keys and made for the door.
It was already fifteen minutes to seven and the drive from my house to the Alsina Mansion would take around seventeen minutes. It wouldn't hurt for them to wait a little bit right?. I touched my face once more with powder, then hurried out.

I pulled the car to a stop in front of the Mansion. It was just five minutes past seven.
"Here" a lush man dressed in a big uniform walked me inside. I recognized him from the last time I came. I followed him into the house, noting that nothing much had changed except for a HD wallpaper which displayed proudly just behind the huge television.
"Over there" he said again as he pointed to the dining. I walked in, allowing the sound of my heels interrupt the silence of the huge house.
I stopped in my tracks when I saw Ken and his mum eating quietly in the dining hall.
"Morning" I said frowning as soon as I saw Mrs Alsina smiling.
"Sit" she ordered.

I walked over and sat down. Ken didn't even acknowledge me, maybe he still felt stupid for pulling such a stupid step at that party, it amused me. So shameless he was.

"Your food will be served" she assured me. I looked over at Ken and saw him devour some strange looking food. It looked Chinese or so but he enjoyed it a lot. A robust maid appeared and set my food before me, she looked at me in sympathy before walking off. I stole one look at her legs, they looked like two tubers of yams trying their best to knock out each other. I nearly laughed.

"Are you still checking out those pictures?" Ken suddenly asked.
It took me a minute to understand what he was saying, I glared at him but said nothing.

"Have you gotten a lawyer?" He asked me again.
I looked over at him shaking, I thought these people were dropping that.
"A lawyer?" I asked dumbly "I've not"
"Why haven't you honey?" Mrs Alsina asked sweetly. I hated her for pretending to be so nice and kind. It annoyed me.
"I didn't think it was necessary" I said honestly but coldly.
Ken huffed "you didn't think it was necessary? I have a lawyer who is ready to make sure you are destroyed" he said "it is very necessary"
"What do you want?" I asked shakily.

"Eat up dear" Mrs Alsina said.

I took up my shaky hands and uncovered my food. What lay before me nearly made me puke. I didn't understand what was cooked but it looked like badly prepared oat with dirty looking things inside that was a clear definition of both dirt and disgust. I twisted my face in disdain and closed back the food.

"There is no way I'm eating this mess" I spat surprising both Ken and his mother.
Ken tossed his plate of Asian food aside and uncovered a plate full of spiced meat and began to eat up, then suddenly he looked at me "I am going to ask you one question and I need you to be honest with me. I already know the answer and if you mess with me, them I will have to mess you up"

I had a feeling that whatever he was about to ask wasn't going to be nice.
"What exactly do you want from me Ken?" I asked.
"The hell!" He banged on the table making both his mum and I to jump. "I want you destroyed Annabel Hall, I know you feel it too! You're the reason for all the wrong things happening to me at this time and I want you punished, so get a lawyer bitch!"

I bent my mind strangely hurt by what he had just said.
"Well, I will like to make this whole thing better for myself" he said "how much do you worth?"

I stared at him "what?"
"You heard me!"
" Around Sev...en hun..dred dollars" I replied shakily
He laughed and clapped "you're correct" he said "now you'll have to pay me off"

I stared at him "what?"
"You'll have to pay me off so that this nonsense can stop" he said.
My hands began to shake "How much do you want?"
"Six hundred thousand dollars" he said looking into my eyes and taking delight in the look of horror he found there.
"Tha..ts insa...ne Ken" I stuttered, my whole body shaking.
"You're going to have to wait so that after transferring the money, you can go to your car and convulse" Ken remarked.

"One hundred dollars won't even take me a month, please don't do this" I begged.

"Oh! The queen is begging!" Mrs Alsina clapped.

Ken smirked "its either that or the court and I will make sure nothing less than a million is charged" Ken said seriously. "Are you ready?"

I stared at him in utmost disdain, how did I get messed up with this fool. I took out my phone and opened my mobile app, I gave him the phone in shaky hands and expected him to say he was just kidding. This was my life savings and it would be wicked of him to just steal it away from me in a second. He took the phone and typed his account details and the amount I was to transfer. I took one last look at him pleading with my eyes but he looked away and tore at his food. I hit the send button and received a debit alert immediately. With teary eyes I stood up, I was officially almost poor. I glared at the two people who I now considered as monsters and picked up my bag.
"To hell with you both! Feed your food to the dogs and go burn in hell! I cried and ran out, tears flooding down my cheeks. Ken and his mother's laughter was the last thing I heard as I ran blindly to my car. I knew one thing for sure, I was finished!.

Not edited.