TWENTY ONE

Anna's POV

I began to throw in my clothes into my travelling bag just about time I finished crying. I didn't want to keep him waiting, I kind of felt like a total asshole for trying to ruin his life but I wasn't anywhere close to trying to apologize to him, so as a strange means of consoling myself, I bust into tears again.
I was throwing in clothes into my bag when someone knocked on my door once and entered. I gasped and immediately wiped off my tears, then I turned to glare at whoever it was that tried to steal my privacy.
"What the...!" I began but as soon as the person came into vision, I stopped "you shouldn't have barged in like that"
He held the door knob, staring at my face "I really shouldn't have" he said "I'm sorry"
I nodded impatiently "what do you want?"
"Mum wants to see you" he said "I think a little family get together"
I nodded "I will be there then, give me fifteen minutes"
He shut the door without a word and left, I breathed a sigh of relief and threw in more clothes. I didn't have any idea how many days I was going to stay out with Ken and suddenly I didn't look forward to it any longer. In ten minutes, I was climbing down the creaky stairs down to either the dinning or the sitting room, I didn't have any idea yet but I was sure it was any of the two.
"Annabel?" Dad called from the sitting room. They all sat watching a program about how divorced parents get to manage and blah blah blah. It sounded both boring and stupid to me, so I just eyed the chubby redhead that was on her way to demonstrating her hands off on the TV, then I took a seat.
Sean I think that was his name, stared at me like I was some crazy freak. I shot him a don't you dare reveal glance and turned to mind my own business.
Dad stared at the both of us, then smiled "it looks like you two have met"
Sean began to smile but I cut in "he barged into my room few minutes ago after knocking only once" I snapped.
"I already apologized honestly about that" Sean sounded both shocked and wounded that I had to mention it.

Rachel's POV

I just wasn't in the normal mood anymore. I had a slight fight with Josh and that took a toil on my mood, so I wasn't in the mood to have any discussions with Anna. She said something to Sean and he stared at her surprised or shock or maybe, in between the both. He began to say that he apologized to her blah, blah but I wasn't just interested.
"I am glad you have all met each other" Dad interrupted them "I would love it if you got along with each other"
Sean chuckled and nudged me "of course, I already love Rachel"
Anna huffed "And you hate me right? No wonder you made a face when I entered previously. Just like you were too shocked to see that a human like me existed"
"I was shocked to see you Anna" Sean admitted, trying not to get pissed by her continued nagging. "But not because of your own reason. The first place I had seen you was on TV, so you see I should be shocked".
I hid my face not to laugh, Anna just glared at him speechless. The house was sure going to be fun.
I sat quietly as my parents introduced Sean to us, I didn't need anymore introduction since we had got to know each other before they came back from their outing earlier today.
" Is there anything anyone would love to say?" Mum asked dotingly.
"I will be going back to Chicago tomorrow morning" Anna stated.
"What?" My parents asked in unison. I too was shocked but I just looked up at her and said nothing.
"Is it something we did?" Mum asked "Are you okay?"
She tousled her hair "its Ken" she said. I didn't look up at her, I didn't want her thinking I was interested and smirking at me. "We are going for a medical checkup out of the country"
Dad stared at her with his mouth wide open.
"Ken?" Sean asked "was that not the guy you were screaming your head off about on TV? Kenneth Alsina"
This time, Anna sprang up clearly furious and made straight to Sean. For a moment I thought she was going to slap his mouth, rather she said "You're going to watch your mouth, you little homeless one. We did you a favour by buying you...!"
She was cut off by a slap from Mum on her cheeks. I was shocked at what she said so I was actually looking to understand that if Mum hadn't slapped her, Dad's palm would have kissed her cheeks too. I stared at Sean, he was too shocked to speak. I too thought that Anna had spoken really much this time.
"You don't speak to anybody like that Anna!" Mum yelled at her.
"He should....!"
"Maybe you should go" I chipped in "maybe you should just leave us all and get a life. You know get a life without a family and let's see how that goes"
"Rachel it's..." Sean began to say but I shot him a glare.
"You've caused us so much by the way. Mum, Dad and I. You're so bitter that you don't even know you're hurting yourself too" I scrawled at her "but you know what? You can't speak to my brother like that! You try it next time, I will make sure you don't repeat it for the third time!"
Anna glared at us and began "you know what?" She raised her finger and began pointing to us all "you should go to hell y'all!" She said and stormed out.

Anna's POV

I woke up around four am, and rushed to take my bath. I didn't want any of them coming back out to try to delay me. I hated them, I hated this house and I hated everyone else. I finished getting dressed and rushed out to gently fix myself something to eat. I fixed myself some egg sandwich quietly but fast and got myself coffee. When I was done, I touched my make up for the last time then took my luggage out. It was few minutes to six, so I just decided to take a stroll to the airport while clearing my head. But I was soon worn out, so I just flagged down a taxi and boarded one straight to the airport.

It was around ten minutes to twelve that I boarded off the aeroplane, I felt my legs shaking but I shook the feeling off. I walked into the airport and saw Ken sitting down alone, reading what looked like a novel. I walked straight to him. He looked up just as I approached him.
"Ken" I just said
"Our flight will soon be ready to take off" he just said and began to tuck away his book.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
Ken stood up and smiled, grabbing his travelling bag "We are going to New York" he smirked.
I gasped "New what!"
"York" he shrugged.
"Are you out of your mind?" I asked, my voice shaky?
He smiled "We are going for a medical checkup so we are about to find about" he said and began to move over to the checkpoint, then stopped "your phones?"
I stared at him "your phones, give them to me. I will monitor all your movements till we are done, so I advice you to stay out of this and lay cool" he said.
I took out my phones and gave him, he tucked them away in his pocket and smiled at me "Good girl"
But I just glared at him and thought smart game, smart game indeed Ken. And before I knew it, we were en route to New York.

RACHELOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara