34

I stared at them in horror and disbelief. It took me all my self control not to stand up and walk out. The kiss that Josh promised won't last to a minute seemed to last forever. I watched as Anna's tongue explored his like she was kissing her groom.
"Wow, my sister is a slut" Sean cursed. I didn't look at him because I was sure he would be frowning by now.

After what seemed like ages, she broke off the kiss and Josh immediately adjusted his suit and eyed her offensively. She could have just dropped the money and moved on but no she was the queen of drama!
"I'm sorry" Josh said. He looked both sorry and angry, angry at Anna. Claps accompanied her to her seat. The game continued without any more drama, then it was time for people who knew me to give their speeches, they were to make it short. I hadn't seen this program before today unless I would have removed this one, it made it look like a funeral but what I didn't know was yet to come.

Ken's POV

I was listening to one of my favourite songs from Iggy Azalea and it was titled Team. One of the main reasons why I loved the song was because of the lines that captivated me in the song. I hummed along and when it got to my favourite lines.

"Baby I got me, Baby I got me
And that's all I need, yea that's all
I need. Baby I got me,
Only friend I need playing on my team is someone like me"

I took it back and sang along with her
"My time wherever I go
I took a chance like I'm from Chicago
100+ on that Murcielago,
Bout to go ape! Hey turn it to the Congo!"

I was about to sing to the chorus when the car screeched on its own and stopped.
"No, no!" I hit on the steering. This wasn't about to happen. I looked at my watch. The party must be an hour gone or so. I didn't want to miss the part where I was to propose to her, it didn't  matter if she had someone now. What mattered was that I loved her, I still did. Fixing this car wasn't in my plan at all. I tried to start it again, it did and I drove it fast out of the road then I packed it and stepped out. I reached for the back and opened it, smoke greeted me.
"Holy Shit!" I cursed.
"Hey Sir" someone said behind me.
I turned and glared at him "What!"
He looked down at my car "I can help you fix that" he said.
I looked him over suspiciously "At what cost?" I asked. He looked clean but starved, on his finger he wore a wedding ring that clung to his skin as if it was scared to fall off.
He smirked at me and began work "you look like you're going somewhere" he said.
"Just keep to your work" I snapped.
He ignored me for a moment "Probably a party" he said.
I turned to him "what?"
"I said you are probably going to a party" he said.
I opened my mouth to yell at him to mind his fucking business.
"You look good" he cut me off "I hope she loves the gifts"
I frowned and raised my brows "what?"
He scoffed "you wouldn't go through the stress of doing that to your hair if it wasn't a lady"
I couldn't hide my smile "Its so messed up" I accepted.
"We all have messed up lives at one point or another. It's left to us to fix it" he said and stood erect "Jose" that's my name.
I nodded "Ken Alsina" I said
He shook his head and stopped, then looked at me "Are you..."
"Yes" I smiled knowing what he wanted to ask already. "Do you have children?"
He smiled at the sweet memory and said "yes, two girls and a boy"
I nodded "lovely, I am hoping to propose to her tonight" I said.
He stretched out and removed the gloves I hadn't realised he had been putting on. "Then you don't need to miss the party or be late" he said "check the car, it should be good now"

I went over to the car and tried and it started.
"You are good to go" he said.
I took out my cheque and wrote down two hundred grand for him and handed him the check. He had already taken the check before he realised what it was, then he began to object.
"Your kids got a good Dad, help them get good food too" I said smiling. The man struggled to hold his tears and pulled me into a hug, then turned and rushed into his car. I entered my car, I didn't need to waste more time, I had already missed out a lot in the party.

RACHEL'S POV

The first person to talk was Mum, then Dad went too. When Sean mounted the stage my eyes were already wet with the tears caused by the speech from Mum and Dad. Sean said a little speech that touched and by the time Lucy had said hers, I was all tears and smiles. Then it was time for Josh to say his, I had the feeling that in the next few minutes I might be rolling on the floor in tears. He stood up and tapped his breast pocket, then took a bunch of rose flowers which I hadn't seen before and pecked me on my forehead. At this point all the thought concerning Anna was gone.
"Rachel" he began "is one of the strongest women I know. Just like a few women, she has gone through a lot but the difference is that she preserved, she is stronger and she is a great woman. I have seem her, she is a kind woman and that's one of the thousand reasons why I love her" he paused to look at me. I smiled and dabbed at my eyes with my handkerchief, he let me put down my hand first as if he wanted to make sure I was looking at him, then he continued "She has been there for me, forgiven me and stood by me. I have chosen to stand by her, to understand her and treat her more than she can even imagine"

Oh God I was about to sob

"Not by organizing birthday parties or giving her attention after work or in between" he began to come down the steps with the microphone still in his possession "I could give you all that but in all I want to give you more" he stopped in front of me. I felt my heart jumping I'm excitement. "Allow me to give you more Rachel" he knelt down with one knee and reached out to his breast pocket "Allow me to give you my all, my last name and my children" I didn't know if it was only my gasp or the gasp of everyone that I heard when a royal small ring case appeared. He opened it and there lay the most beautiful gold ring I had ever seen in my life "Will you marry me My Sunshine"

I felt my purse fall out of my hand, I stood up surprised that my legs could still carry me. The love of my life had just proposed to me. I felt the tears run down my face, everywhere was quiet. Sean's eyes looked like they were going to pop out any minute, Mum held Dad and Lucy's hands were over her mouth. Anna looked like she wanted to puke.
I took out my hand and with a little crack in my voice I said "I will, I will marry you Joshua!" I cried.

The sobs of my Parents, the oh of Sean and the claps and shouts of others was numbed by Josh's kisses on my lip.

I  heard and saw nothing but the stars.

I couldn't wait to let this out, what do you think will happen to Ken now!.
Let the comments keep coming! 😁😁😘