35

The kiss was broken off by me, I still didn't believe it. This was surely my best birthday gift for the year.
He took me by hand and Led me outside followed by my guests. Everyone wanted to know what else the birthday held as surprise. When I reached the door, he took me by my hands and drew me to himself, then he blindfolded me. He led me by my hands and took me outside, I could feel the excitement of people around me.
"Oh my!" I heard mum gasp beside me.
I began to shake "what?"
Josh laughed "you're about to see what" he said. He removed the blindfold and a gasp of shock escaped my mouth. There in blue and red ribbons, was a brand new Venza. The car of my dream. It was a black and silver car.
"Happy birthday!" Josh exclaimed. I jumped on him screaming my head off. I couldn't believe this was happening, then it happened.

A car sped and parked behind my new car just as I was about to run to my car. I stopped on my track when I saw who it was. Ken looking as handsome as he could be, I eyed the car almost huffing. This silly guy had to borrow a car to come to my party. I nearly laughed.

"Happy birthday Rachel" he said jumping out, hurriedly bringing all the gifts he came with. I took them from him and before I said another word, Sean took them from me.

Everyone looked at him like he was just a drama king requesting an audience. He stopped beside me and knelt down. I thought he was about to adjust his shoe when a ring case appeared from his breast pocket. I looked on hoping that this was something else like a necklace but who ever knelt down while offering a necklace.

He opened the case and there it was, a real ring. I stared at him like he was crazy. Some people shook their heads at him.
"I know I might not have given you the best, but allow me to do it all over again Rachel. Will you marry me Dolly!" he took out the ring and was about to hold my palm when I drew back.

"You don't have any right to exhibit your nonsense in my party. A ring are you kidding me? You left me and slept around with my sister! It took you two years and hundreds of embarrassment on my own part for you to realise I was the one you loved." I paused. People's eyes were on him now, not me. Ken looked more shocked than he had bargained for.
"I'm sorry Rachel I ...." He began and I heard Anna huff and begin to walk up to me but Mum was faster.
"You have insulted Rachel enough Kenneth Alsina" Mum began "Didn't your family's wealth find you a good girl?"
I opened my mouth to ask Mum what was talking about but she continued.
"You have the guts to come crawling back like a wounded cockroach and to present this curse you call a ring to her. She has dignity and pride and won't settle for an arrogant and shameless lad for you, now stand up on your two sticks and leave here!"

Ken stared at her, his hands shaking and his face red.
"You heard her, get out!" I yelled. He stood up and kept staring at me, his face holding total disbelief at what just happened to him. "And before you come running around me again" I showed him my ring finger "I am already taken, now leave"

"Rachel?" He called shakily. I wasn't sure how he was going to face Anna and how Anna would sleep peacefully this night and for the first time, I discovered that I didn't care.

"Bouncers!" I yelled.

"What the fuck Rachel!" He cursed but it was already late, three hefty men appeared with berets on their head.

"Throw him out!" Josh said "and make sure he remains out!"

I stood and watched and when I saw him thrown into his car, I swallowed and ran to my car laughing and clapping. I opened it and sat on a seat. People cheered and clapped and within minutes people forgot the drama king that almost ruined my party, almost.