ELEVEN

I want to dedicate this chapter to Ogechi. She was the first to comment. Thanks boo.

I was sleeping when I was woken up by a bang on my door. I cursed and stood up rubbing my eyes, I looked at my clock. It was ten minutes to seven, I was almost late in getting ready for work, I stood up lazily gingered by the bang on my door. I rushed to the door wondering who the heck it was trying to break down my door.
"What the heck!" I cursed loudly. I checked through my curtains and immediately opened the door "what's wrong with you Jeremy!" I yelled as soon as I opened the door. He was my childhood friend and neighbour. He had been my homie and lived with his family...I meant wife and two kids opposite my house.
"Don't tell me you're just waking up Ken" he said worriedly.
I peeked out my head and saw people looking at Me strangely, I shifted for him to walk in before I shut the door. Looking around my sitting room, I cursed silently. There were cans of beer and different types of cans which had contained alcohol few hours ago.
"I'm sorry you met my house this way, I wouldn't have left it this way if I knew I would have someone banging on my door so early." I shrugged
He looked my house and pointed at me "I have seen your house in worse shape Ken, but I have news for you. If you drank this much last night because of a slender blonde, I bet you might drink yourself to death today"
"Slender bl...Annabel!" I screamed "oh shit!"
Jeremy patted me "I haven't told you anything yet Ken, put on your TV and put on the news" he said
"The news?" My eyes popped out in horror. I picked up my remote and put on the news. I sat down and stared at the TV. In seven long seconds, I saw a blonde, slender lady on white bum shorts. She had her hair pulled up and had her back to the camera, yelling some words that I couldn't hear. I didn't need anybody to tell me that was Anna.
"What the fuck is she doing there?" I muttered under my breath.

"Wait for it man" Jeremy said placing his hand on my back, then at that moment she turned.

She had my picture glued to her stomach where her crop top stopped. For those who didn't have time to check out her stomach, She had an enlarged picture of me on her hand. The camera panned on her, her face was a weeping mess. She had mascara stains all over her face. From the side I could see her car well parked, I began to shake. Then the news focused on her and what she was saying.

"This dude here is Kenneth Alsina" she shouted "I am pregnant for him, he raped me" she began to cry "he begged me not to tell the cops, that he loved be and would take responsibility of anything that happened. Now I am pregnant..." She nodded, her mascara soiling her face more "yea, pregnant for him and he dumped me, calling me a community slut"

"Oh shit" I said, sweat breaking out of my skin.

"I had taken this to the cops but I don't want to press charges anymore" she kept crying "I just want the world to know him, to know Kenneth Alsina as the coward he is!"

She kept shouting and shouting till I couldn't make out anything from what she was saying, before I could say Jack I saw other women emerge with carbon papers that had things like "Say never to rape" "Stop rape, it destroys"

From the look on her face I saw satisfaction and pride, I needed nobody to tell me that she was just out for me. The news caster continued with more things from Anna's show but I was done. The last thing I saw on the screen before I passed out was a clear grinning picture of me with the title "supposed rapist Kenneth Alsina"

I was packing up my bags to get to work when my phone rang. The presentation was due by 10am and it was just past seven. I wanted to be there to look over things, I knew that if I as much made a single mistake, I would be cleaning out my office and carrying my box home. I took out my phone and saw it was Lucy calling me. I smiled and picked.
"Hey Lucy" I said cheerfully "morning"
"Have you seen the news Rachel?" She asked almost out of breath.

I immediately dropped my bag and picked the remote, taking great care not to wrinkle the suit which Lucy had taken out herself for me today.

Once the screen flickered on, the first person I saw was Anna holding Ken's picture. My hand flew to my mouth, my sister was finally crazy I thought. I listened to what the broadcaster said and listened to Anna's too. I never knew she had such guts.
"Oh hell!" I said under my breath.
"You good there?" I heard Lucy say. I had already forgotten that she was still there.
I sighed "of course I am, its not my picture on the screen. This is one of the numerous occasions when I thank God people do not know we are related. The shame would have killed me"
Lucy breathed then said "you should get over to work now, we could talk before then"
I stared at Anna's curvy shape on her shorts "of course, sure"
Lucy sighed "you don't sound like you're okay Rachel, should I come and drive you over?"

I immediately stood up "no, no I'm good" I said standing to my feet as I took out the keys to the car I rarely used. If I wasn't sure of one thing I was sure today was going to be a long and tough one.