TWENTY THREE

First of all, I want to dedicate this chapter to Princely Sean💙, he has been of great support! As well as the first two persons to comment!

ANNA'S POV

I stared at the woman, my legs were already shaking. I knew what this meant, I glanced at Ken and he was glaring at me. Darlene handed him the result file and flashed him a brief sad smile, then to me she tried to hug me but I pushed her away. She smiled in understanding and walked away.
Ken slowly opened the file and read, then turned to me.
"You're not pregnant for me Annabel Hall" he said coldly "you know what that means right?"

I couldn't talk, I stood there with my lips quivering. My plans had been messed up and now I was busted.
"Ken I..."
Ken raised his hand and it nearly kissed my cheek "I don't hit women, but if you mention my name again then I will make an exception of you!"
I moved back knowing he was dead serious. What Rachel had told me about, what she warned me about was about to come to pass.
He grabbed me and dragged me towards the exit of the hospital, we were already garnering  more attention than I could bear and I was beginning to get really scared of what Ken wanted to do.
I was dragged outside and although I whimpered i never said a word about it to him, I knew better than to do that.
"So what was all your fuss about Annabel!" He glared at me.
I just stood there staring at him, speechless or maybe too scared to speak.
"You know I will make sure you're punished first before going to the cops" he said.
This was already bad as it was and getting the cops involved was something I didn't want to think of, let alone imagine.
He flagged down a cab and said to me "get in"
I moved back, ready to run "no"
He yanked my hand and forced me in "there is no escape for you this time Anna, you're just a piece of shit"
The driver pulled to a halt in front of the hotel and Ken paid him and pushed me out. He dragged me into the hotel like some thief... Well I stole his happiness, I might as well be a thief indeed. The cashier stared after us with humor in her eyes. I had no doubt that soon, we might become her favorite couple, well except we were not a couple anyways.

We were halfway to the place before I discovered we were going to the airport, I tried to hold his hand, to apologize and properly beg him to take me back but I knew if I tried it, I might not reach my destination in one piece.
He dragged me out and held me as he dragged me towards the entrance.
"My bags are still..." I began shakily.
"They would be driven to you in five, but for now let's get down to business" he said and ushered me roughly to a seat. I sat down, glad that he had at least let me be for few minutes or at least seconds.
"You know what I am going to do first?" Ken asked.
"I'm sorry..." I began to say but his cold stare stopped me abruptly.
He took out his phone and dialled Anna's number, then turned it and showed me. I froze.
"Don't do that please" I began still shaking.
He smirked "you are evil Annabel and deserved to be punished"
I shifted closer to him "when I call her, you know how much she hates you. She will tell your parents" he clicked his tongue "you know how disappointed they will be right?"

Surprisingly, that was what I was scared about, the scornful look from Rachel and that look of disgust from Mum and Dad. Then for the look on Sean's face, it was indescribable.
"Do..n't pl..ea..se" I stammered, but before I could finish I saw him press the send button. Hot sweat broke out of my skin immediately, then when I heard Rachel's voice snap.
"Yes, so what do you want?"
He smirked at me "I didn't call today to ask you to meet me Dolly" he began. That was his pet name for Rachel years ago.
"Don't call me that" Rachel spat "you know what, you make me sick. I shall drop first"
"Not before you hear this!" He said hurriedly.
"Burn in hell!" Rachel spat
"Its about your sister, she..."
Rachel interrupted him again and I prayed she would just stop her nonsense and drop the call on him.
"Take care of your responsibility sonofab...!"
"She is not pregnant" Ken pointed out.
I heard Rachel gasp "What?"
He didn't smile nor laugh, he just stared coldly at me "She deceived me, she isn't pregnant"

Rachel's POV

I was thinking about my past lives and how they have gone so far. Three years ago I was with Ken and before him too was Corbin, I somehow detested Ken the most although the same happened with them all. I was thinking of him, when suddenly my phone began to ring, I looked for it around and found it lying between my books. I glanced at the caller ID. Speak of the devil.

"Yes, what do you want?" I snapped.

"I didn't call today to ask you to meet me Dolly" he replied and I knew he must be smiling, but I wasn't in the mood for his nonsense.
"Don't call me that" I blurted. I just wasn't sure why I picked his stupid call but I kept exchanging words with him, till he said he wanted to let me in on something concerning my sister. I didn't care, they should both go and screw themselves, but then he said.

"She deceived me! she is not pregnant!" He said. I knew him good enough not to pull such things to make me hold on the line.
"What do you mean?" I asked trying not let my voice shake. "Did she lose the baby?" I asked.
He huffed "there was no baby to start with Rachel, I'm making your trash of a sister pay so I just wanted to let you know"
I wasn't about going to let my guards down, so I just said "Do whatever you want to do Kenneth Alsina, you're no longer my business. Deal with your business and don't try to drag me into it" and before he could say anything else, I dropped the call. Then stood up and ran downstairs to let others on, on what was happening.

Ken's POV

When I was done with informing Rachel, I turned back to Anna and she had turned pale white, her beautiful mauve top was wet with sweat. I hadn't even started yet and this much sweat was already out. I was yet to sweat her  I thought.
"You lied about another life in you" I accused her.

She looked up at me with glassy eyes "I didn't lie to you"  she denied.
I began to boil "you're lying again Anna" I reprimanded.

She wiped her eyes "I didn't lie to you, I swear"
I glanced at my wrist watch "you have till our bags arrive, what happened to the supposed baby?" I gnarled. "Start talking"

Hello 😍😍💏 what do you think happened to the baby? Do you somehow love it that Anna wasn't pregnant after all? What do you think about the chapter? Let me know your thoughts please.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you would love me to check your story out.