TWENTY SIX.

Rachel's POV

I was holding a drink close to Mama's mouth and Sean held her left hand. That foolish girl had succeeded in fooling us all and I was sure she didn't know what she was heading into.
For the sake of all our sanity, I suggested we didn't discuss about Annabel and get on with whatever it was we wanted to do for this get together. My suggestion seemed to have been accepted because nobody talked about it but we all carried our words of disbelief and shock on our faces like stock labels.

Dad had gone to get Mum some aspirins and we didn't let her alone until we were sure she was alright.

Then I went back to my room and took out my phone and tried to dial Anna's number but my pride got the best of me, so I dropped down the phone and went over to my laptop. The earlier I forgot about my shitty sister and my cheap ex boyfriend, the better for me. The better for all of us. I dialled Josh on Skype and within two minutes, he was there smiling at me.
"Hey" I said excitedly
He grinned "Rachel, its good to see you after so long"
I chuckled "You saw me right here four hours ago"
He shrugged "that's long ago" he stated. From the look on the background, he was back home and lying down in the pyjamas I had gotten him on his birthday.
"How are you?" I asked
"Preparing for what would happen in four days time"
I frowned "I would be back tomorrow evening. In four days time? What's happening?"
He frowned back at me "Check it up yourself. You do so much work that you forget important days"
I tried to cheer him up but he didn't bulge, so I decided to check. Today was nineteenth and in four days time it would twenty third.
"Oh my God!" I laughed, my hands flying to my mouth in disbelief "Its my birthday"
He grinned "and you forgot!"
We both talked about how it was going to be and I was really glad I had called him. He helped keep my mind off things but once I dropped the call, I was thinking of Anna again.

Anna's POV

The drive which I expected to be full of discussions that would discomfort me, later turned out to be a long drive full of uncomfortable silence. I sat opposite Ken but said nothing to him, there was nothing to say to him after all.

The driver who drove the car looked at me from the mirror but once my eyes got in contact with his, he averted it immediately to the road. At one point I could have sworn that there was a sign of pity there. He stopped glancing at me when Mrs Alsina caught him and glared at him.

We drove for fifteen more minutes before the car pulled into a part of the city I never knew existed. It was at the isolated part of the city where the rich lived and everybody minded nothing but their own business. The houses and mansions there were tales for another day.

I began to get scared at why we were being taken to this place but my unasked question was answered when we pulled up into the last house on the street. The gates automatically opened after some  scannings and we drove in. The mansion that beheld me sent chills all over my body. It was the most beautiful house in that street and on the top of the house was written THE ALSINA MANSION in clean cursive art. I stared at Ken and tears began to fall down my cheeks. I wasn't sure if it was because I wasn't sure at all of what I was running into or because everything happening today was worth crying for.
Ken grinned and ignored me.

When the car pulled up, everybody stepped out and since nobody held open the door for me, I stepped out by myself and it was when Mrs Alsina stepped out and smiled at me that it dawned on me that Kenneth Alsina wasn't the average guy I thought I could destroy. He wasn't struggling to survive, he was wealthy beyond my imaginations and that was how he was able to afford our flights to and from New York.

It was when I looked at everything around me. The latest cars, the CCTVs surrounding the house, the kind of house that was before me and the number of uniformed house helps that came out to welcome us...well Mrs Alsina and her son, did it dawn on me that I had messed with the wrong family. I had messed with the son of the richest Woman in Chicago.

I just decided to drop this short chapter!
Enjoy!
Don't forget to vote and comment😀😀
Were you taken by surprise?... Lols.