Chapter 8

"Why are you scared?" Alex asked, coming towards my bed. I shrugged, trying to keep my tears in. 

Alex lightly pushed me on to the bed, which made a slight creak, then he sat down with me. He rubbed circles on my back and I pressed my hands to my face. "There's nothing to be scared of Evan," He said gently. 

I kept quiet through my hands.

"Can you tell me...what you're scared of?" 

I shook my head. I didn't want to tell him I was scared of him.

"Please," Alex said. "So I can help?" He soon added. 

It took a while for the words to be forced out of my mouth. "Scared. Of. What. You'll do. To. Me." 

"Evan I promise I won't try to hurt you on purpose, but somethings I need to do may sting more than others." I cried. "But that's only because I don't want you  to end up in more pain." I nodded, still terrified. "Tomorrow we'll take it slow, I'll show you what I'm doing and why I'm doing it,"

"Tomorrow?" I asked, lifting my red face up to see Alex. 

He exhaled as if he didn't want to say anything more. "Yes, tomorrow, you're mom wanted me to check you over, make sure you were okay-" 

"After what happened tonight?" I yelled. 

"I know Evan it's bad timing but-"

"No, I won't allow it!" I demanded. 

"Evan I'm sorry but you need to go, It's just to make sure you're healthy!

"I'm alive," I said, trying to convince him. 

"I know you're alive, I just need to make sure you're healthy because something can go terribly wrong if you aren't. I want to try and prevent that as soon as possible,"

I slouched on the bed. "I'm sorry Evan," was the last thing Alex said before closing the door.