Chapter 5-"He'll Want to Hurt Me."

"Shh! We don't want to wake him up," Said a voice.

"Well, we're going to have to take him home anyway, he kinda needs to wake up." Another noted. 

"But Alex said no," Demanded a younger voice. 

It was at this time when I opened my eyes. I squinted at first, trying to recall the faces in front of me. I only knew one, the black hair and narrow eyes of Ethan. He smiled at me. "Hey kiddo," He said. I smiled weakly at him, my stomach still hurt but not as much as it had before. "We're gonna get you home, then you can sleep until morning." 

"Okay," I sat up and jumped off the bed with him holding my hands. "But...What time is it?" 

Ethan took his phone out of his back pocket. "11:05, pretty late," He said, smiling. We had gotten to the hospital at around eight, so I had probably slept for three hours. 

I was still incredibly nervous, and unfortunately, Ethan noticed. "Daniel, Mason, get Alex, tell him Evan is awake." The two other doctors walked out the door, leaving just me and Ethan.

"What's going on Evan?" He asked once the door closed behind Mason. I shrugged and shook my head, not wanting anyone to know. 

"Kiddo if you don't tell me I can never help you, and I want to help you," Ethan said, his dark brown eyes sympathetic and kind, but I didn't meet them.

"It's nothing," I said turning away. 

"Please," Ethan spoke. "For me," 

I finally surrendered after a long while of thought and hesitation. "You know how I said I wasn't scared..." I started. He nodded in understatement. "Well, I am." I whispered quietly. I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Kiddo, there is nothing to be scared of, honest! Alex is a great doctor, and I'm sure-"

"he'll want to hurt me." I finished. 

"Evan he doesn't want to hurt you, he'll never want to hurt you, some things he does may hurt a little but he does it so you won't have to hurt more." 

I sniffed, not feeling the slightest bit better and almost breaking out in tears when a knock stopped my thoughts.