Chapter 3-"No Thanks..."

I almost fainted when we stepped into the office, so many people were here, so many doctors, so many fears. 

I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder, and I turned back, tense. "Relax," Ethan said. "It's just me." 

Ethan lead me to a closed door. When he opened it I almost screamed. Instead, I gasped and bit my lip until I felt it bled. Inside was a bunch of bright lab lights and nurses and doctors all circling the room. 

I felt Ethan's gentle push into the room, and I tripped forward. On one side a doctor stepped forward. "Evan?" He asked. I sucked in a nervous breath, then gulped it down. The doctor smiled, "I'm Alex, you're mom has been rambling on and on about you," He laughed, trying to lighten the mood. "Why don't you come sit," He said, gesturing up on the table under the lights. 

"it looks like your planning to experiment on me," I said under my breath, unfortunately, Alex heard. He laughed a little, then changed the subject.

"You must be tired, how was the flight?"

I nodded, too nervous to say anything. 

Alex looked cool enough, he had blonde hair and blue eyes and a welcoming smile, but that still didn't change my feelings about doctors, or the fact that my mom was a traitor. 

"Do you want anything?" Alex asked. "We, unfortunately, won't be home for a while," 

"No thanks..." I said. All I wanted was to leave.