Chapter 23

I heard the door click open downstairs, Alex was home. 

I was locking in the bathroom, squatting down. I didn't need Alex to see me like this, but the sharp pain in my stomach made a groan escape from my throat, causing noise to erupt.

"Evan?" He asked, his voice still sounding like it was downstairs. "Evan where are you?" I didn't want to answer. Black dots were swarming around my head and my stomach hurt, and I was shaking...too much. 

It was a little while later when I heard knocking on the bathroom door. "Evan?" Cae the voice of Alex. 

"D-Don't come in," I said quietly, trying not to shake my voice too much. Silence. I waited for five more minutes before trying to come in again. 

"Evan...are you okay in there?"

A searing pain in my stomach and I had to groan again, at this time Alex barged through the door to see me groaning on the ground, clutching my stomach and cradling my head. 

"Evan! What happened?" Alex said. I groaned in response, half protesting Alex to be in here, but also half urging him to come closer. His warm hands found their way to my jaw, holding my head up slightly so he could look in my eyes.

I sighed and looked down. "Evan?" Alex whispered quietly.

I wanted to be done.

I wanted to be with my mom, home, in her arms, not with...him.

But for some reason, I couldn't shake away a strange feeling of gratefulness.

Sorry, this is so terrible...I tried but as you read in the last chapter I ran out of ideas. I am so happy though because I now have 300 views! I know this is just views and not votes or anything but I'm still super happy. All your support helps me through this terrible story. 

-Demon