Chapter 19

I woke up, rubbed my eyes and jumped back in pain, dang. I thought. My stupid arm. 

I jumped off my bed and walked downstairs to Ethan. "What are you doing here?" I wondered. He snapped his gaze (which was glued to a coffee cup) to me. 

"Alex had to leave for the hospital early, but he thought that you could stay home today." I sighed in relief, almost not believing him. 

"Re-really?" I asked, trying to not shake my voice too much. 

"Yeah, of course, uh, go to the park, do whatever but it's pretty hot so be careful." I nodded and very carefully laced my converse to go outside.

The park sounded like a pretty cool idea, so I went there. It was hot, and when I got there I wiped my forehead which was beaded with sweat. Unfortunately, the park was also where Jordan and his friends were. I walked away the first time he called my name, but soon it got to be too much.

"What do you want Jordan?" I yelled across many trees to him. 

He scoffed. "I want...you to leave."

"Sorry, no can do."

"Yes can do, or I'll hurt you."

"Oh look, now you're a dramatic poet."

Jordan scowled, and that's when London Rodger stood up. "Jordan quit it." 

"But-"

"Now,"

"Fine, but only if you race me."

I hesitated. Luckily London spoke for me. "Jordan, it's too hot to race out here, you're too competitive and could easily get a heat stroke!"

"So what, I'll show this newcomer where he can stomp his muddy shitty feet."

Hey guys! Sorry If this moved along too quickly and sorry that I haven't written this in a really long time. I apologize and I tried to update but as you can tell...it's very terrible, anyway, thank you so much for reading and sticking with me (unless you're new)

-Demon