Chapter 29

After about an hour, I convinced Ethan that I would be okay here alone since he had doctor stuff to take care of. After I heard the door close behind him I got up off the counter and rant to my room.

I should have never told him about my dad...and now mom's coming back. I probably worried her too much, now she won't have her job! I hid my face in my hands and cried. It wasn't long before I heard someone open the door. "Evan?"

I knew that voice, and now I hated it. I didn't lift my head up. "Evan, I-" 

"You called my mom. I heard." I sighed. 

"Evan please look at me." 

I hesitated. After a while, I looked up at Alex. "What do you want?" I demanded. 

"I want...I want you to be happy. I called your mom because I knew you don't like me, I know you miss her, I know all of that Evan, please let me help you."

He didn't mention what I had told him earlier, I didn't want that subject to arrive. 

"Your mom will be here later tonight, I have to go to work. I know you don't like the office but-"

"I'll go," I said. A part of me was disagreeing with my choice, but a part of me wanted to be around...people. 

People who could comfort me.

I'm so sorry for not updating in like...forever, and I hope you liked this chapter!!!

-Demon