Prologe

She stormed down the base hallway, after leaving Major Lennox's office.

She made her way through the hanger to get to her barracks room. Before she could disappear. She became stopped by a transforming Sideswipe. Once finished he knelt down in front of her, stopping her in her tracks.

"What happened?" He asked concerned in his tone.

"None of your business." She snapped. She proceeded to try and walk around him. He put his servo down in front of her.

"Don't do this." He warned. He wasn't mad at her, he didn't want her to go back and lock herself away again.

"I'm not in the military anymore. I will do what I want." She demanded, knowing what he meant.

"Sunny wouldn't like this." He warned, trying to get through to her.

"Sunstreaker isn't here." She growled, pushing his servo out of her way and left down the hall. Sideswipe watched her disappear down the hall to her room. He wanted to know why Lennox needed to talk to her. Since they lost Sunny, she hasn't been the same. Before she was trying hard, working with Lennox to try and get back in the military. Now she didn't care anymore. Lennox came out of his office after she was long gone.

Sideswipe took long strides to get to him.

"What did you say to her?" He demanded to know, kneeling in front of the disgruntled Major.

"I can't disclose that to you. If you want to know, she needs to be the one to tell you, but she did ask to leave base." Lennox relayed. Sideswipe's shoulders fell. His eyes dimmed.

"Why?" He asked in a whisper.

"All she said was she's done. She has been here longer than she needed to be. But that's all I will disclose to you." Lennox shrugged. Sides stood and left the major standing there. He transformed and raced down the hallway to her barracks room. His holoform jumped out as he came to a sliding stop in front of her door.

Nichole heard the hard, fast knocking on her door. She hesitated to open the door. As soon as that handle turned, Sideswipe barged in.

"Sides." She began to protest as he wrapped his arms around her. Holding her tight.

"Sideswipe, what are you doing?" She questioned, stiff against his hold, not sure how to react.

"Please don't leave." He whimpered into her neck. "Why?" She said not as a question, but to reassure him.

"I lost Sunny, I can't lose you too. Please." He begged. His arms snaked tighter around her waist.

They stood in silence for a moment. Nichole kept her arms close to her chest and rested her head against Sides chest. His spark humming in her ear. She grabbed a bit of his shirt tightening her grip. Her eyes were wide, trying to stop the tears that were on the verge of falling.

It had been nothing chaos after finding out Sunstreaker was the one to betray them. Sides didn't want to believe it. Nichole was so devastated, she locked herself away. No one saw her anymore. Sides tried hard to get her to come out. He needed her, and he knew she needed him too. She's lost right now. Sunstreaker had been her everything since she came to them. They were both stubborn, both anti-social but wanted attention, they had so much in common. She was in love with him. He was in love with her. Though neither one of them would admit it. Sideswipe loved her too, though not as much as Sunstreaker did. He could never compare to his twin in her eyes. No matter how much he wishes he could. Now that his twin is gone, he knew he needed to step up and take his place to the best of his ability. He's worried she wouldn't last too long without him. No one knew why Sunstreaker did what he did. No one, in a million years, would think he would do such a thing. Sideswipe knows there is something else going on. He knew his twin and he knew he would never do something without a reason. If only he could get Nichole to see this. As of right now, to her, everything she knew about him was a lie.