Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 3.

CHAPTER THREE:

"wow a fire huh?" 

"Yeah, I'll never forget that day. I was confused but it was just so surreal you know." 

"And the whole Anthony guy?" 

"What about him, he was an loser asshole that never deserved a woman as great as my mother." 

"woah cass calm down." 

"Sorry Xavier but that just made me mad, bringing back those old memories." 

"Sorry baby ... we can stop talking about it if you want?!" Xavier said as we sat on the couch. 

"Its okay, but now its your turn." 

"My turn to ..." he said with a confused look. 

"Tell me about your pass."  

"Well, I don't have that much to tell." 

"Ugh, your life was so boring baby." 

"I know ... sorry!!" 

"What ever. We have kids to pick up my dear!!" 

"Okay, but it was that one time..."

~*Xavier's POV*~ 

December [2007]

"Xavier ... Come in here for a moment please." 

"yeah dad?" 

"Son, have you ever thought about your future?" I laughed and grabbed some candies out his candy bowl and we sat in his study. 

"um, not really .. im going to be a famous baseball player. That's my future." 

"well, what if---" 

"No what if's dad... im thinking that into existence ... point blank." 

"Son, I went ---" 

"There you two are, I just step in to tell you that me and Sadie are going to the salon to get, well have girl time see you two later." 

"Okay honey ... but when you two get back I need to talk to you." He began to rub his hand over his forehead as if he was worried. 

"Is it important, we can hold off on the girl time." 

"No, No go have fun. I'll talk to you later." 

"Okay, love you honey. See you later Xavier." 

"See yah." We said in unison. 

"So, you were saying dad.?" I said with one eyebrow raised, sitting straight up in my seat. 

"I went to the doctor and ---" 

"And ---" 

"They did some test and they said I have the bid 'C' " 

"you have the big 'C' what ...?" 

"yeah, but it runs in my family so. If you get it. Im sorry son." 

"Woah, woah woah the big C what are you saying dad?" 

"I have cancer son. The Big 'C' cancer!" 

"What ...!! NO!" I said now realizing what he was saiding. I stood up and paced the floor. 

"Son, I know your mad. But im going to go to the clinic and try to get treatment but son please don't tell your mom. I'll tell her myself." 

"Cancer. Why, your healthy. You run everyday. You.you work and play basketball how could this happen?" tears were now falling down my face. 

"Its okay son, I'll get the treatment and I'll be back to normal you hear me." 

"Yeah dad. I hear you." 

"Now give me a hug." ......

*&&*

"Oh Xavier, baby. I didn't know that he told you firsh, you two must have been really close?" 

"Yeah, like brothers." I said as Cassidy and I stood outside of the School waiting for Azalia and Travis to get out of school. 

"DAD!!!" 

"Hey buddie!!" 

"well it looks like you have Travis to be brothers with." Cassidy said smiling and hugging Azalia. 

"I guess so... Who wants Ice Cream before daddy goes to work?" 

"I DO!!" the twins said in unison, while jumping in the backseat. 

***

Sorry I know this Chapter is a little short ... But I will do better next time in trying to think of new ideas ... well thanks for reading VOTE AND COMMENT!! <3

<3