Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 26.

Enjoy...

Chapter Twenty-Six:

~*Melonie's POV*~

"Xavier!! What a surprise ... I would have thought Cassidy was going to bring the twin’s today."  

"Yeah, Well Uh ... I'm guessing she already had. She wasn't home when I woke up. Look Melonie we need to talk?" 

"What about?" I said knowing exactly what we needed to talk about. 

"That night? Did we sleep together or not?" 

"Xavier... this is not the time nor the place to talk about things like that ... How about you come over to my place and we can finish up." I began to play with the button’s on his jacket, until he swiped my hands away. 

"Melonie ... he grabbed my wrist ... Listen to me, stop it ... stop acting like were still in high school! I am in love with Cassidy, and our kids we have. There is nothing and never will be anything between us you hear that? Now did we sleep together?" I sighed and blurted the words before I could think. 

"Fine ... I snatched my arm away ... You want to know the truth?" 

"What do you think?" 

"Xavier ..." Before I could finish his cell phone rang. 

"Don't ... Move ... Hello?" 

*

"Newsome where are you we got practice in an hour in a half!"  

"I had to handle some business, I'll be there in 15." 

"Okay, you'd better hurry you don't want the coach to be on your ass again!" 

"Okay, I'll be there." He hung up and stared at me. 

"What, don't you have 'Practice to go to?" 

"What is wrong with you?" 

"Nothing, I'm just doing my job. And you'd better do yours, you don't want poor Cassidy to worry although I doubt she will." 

"Are you going to tell me?" 

"What did your sister see?" 

"She saw us kiss." 

"And?" 

"That's It." He shrugged. 

"Well ... Seems as if she didn't see the truth. Goodbye Mr. Newsome." 

"Melonie...!?" 

"Xavier...!?" I said mocking his tone. 

"Hello ... did we?" 

"Fine ... I Laughed ... Yeah Sure. Now Leave My classroom, please." He pushed half the papers off my desk and cursing on his way out ... Oh Getting him back would be a little too easy.....

*~Sadie's POV~*

"Okay, so was that fun or what?" I said laughing as William go off of the ride. 

"It was but it would be even more fun if you would get on a ride with me!" 

"But I got Krissy, and I got to watch her." 

"Well Let’s Go Put her up then we can come back to the carnival if that's okay with you!?" He raised one eyebrow. 

"Okay, I don't live that far anyway. Let’s go." We took Krissy back to the house and walked back to the carnival. 

"I thought you said you didn't live that far, that walk was the longest walk I ever took." 

"Oh come on William, your use to those small streets in Maryland. Here In Cali it’s different." 

"Right whatever you say, so what are we gonna ride first?" 

"Sadie What the Hell...?" 

"Nikki, Jonas. What a surprise!" 

"The surprise is you wearing those small shorts and walking around the carnival with a complete stranger!" 

"Nikki--" 

"Sadie! Hi there I'm Nikki, Sadie's Best friend. She tells me everything. But apparently not EVERYTHING. And you are?" She paused waiting for him to tell her his name. 

"Nikki This is William. William this is Nikki and Her boyfriend Jonas, now let’s go." 

"Will. Hi, so how did you meet Sadie?" 

"Umm Well we met in Maryland when she came home." 

"Ummhmm." Nikki Nodded and folded her arms over her chest. Jonas remained silent as usual.  

"Sadie, Nikki, Jonas!!" 

"Oh Great It’s Carson and Missy And ... Drew!!" This was going to be an awkward night.