Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 39.

Enjoy........

Chapter Thirty-Nine:

*Xavier’s POV*

“Hey Cass how are you?”

“Better some days than others. The people here are … their nice.”

“That’s good. You really scared me a few week s ago you know.”

“Umm yeah, I know and I’m sorry it’s just, when I was taking those pills they made me happy, and made me forget what happen it makes me forget a lot.”

“Oh. How do you feel now though?” Cassidy shifted on the bed sitting Indian style.

“I really don’t know, cold. And alone. I guess.”

“But I’m here is there anything I can do?” Cassidy sighed loudly.

“Honestly, no I really just want you to leave I want to be alone. And besides, I have to go to this over- exaggerated meeting and talk about my feelings and being addicted to popping pills! It’s somewhat like you see in the movies.”

“Oh, well can I walk you down there?” I grabbed Cassidy’s hand but she flinched and swiped it away.

“No Xavier please … Just leave, please. Give the kids a kiss for me?” I sighed and opened the door.

“Okay, fine. I umm … I’ll do that. But uh I wanted to let you know that --”

“Yeah Yeah .. You love me okay, goodbye Xavier.”

“Not exactly what my choice of words would be … but actually I wanted to let you know about Travis, they let him out of jail.”

“They what?”

“Yeah, Melonie and Zaria are going to jail for 10 years 5 for attempted murder and 5 for kidnapping, and I don’t know how but all Travis got was probation, house arrest and community service. Three years worth.”

“Was it because he was just standing at the door watching me as I got abused?” Cassidy grabbed her sides and shook her head.

“I guess so. I got a call from your lawyer today and that’s all he really told me about that.”

“Oh okay.”

“Yeah, and we have a … court date for the divorce hearing coming up soon.”

“When is that?”

“In about three weeks.”

“This is too much, I umm you better go.” Cassidy said shaking her hands as if she was ‘Air Drying' them.

“Okay, I’ll be back tomorrow or the day after.”

“Bye.” She said cold-heartedly as she walked down the hall to another room not even looking back.