chapter 22

Chapter 22

"But I want to learn how to surf! I am not going to break Dean!" I yelled at Dean as we stood in his parents' garage. I was waiting on him to show me his surfboards. He is so damn stubborn.

"I will not have you out there putting yourself in danger, let alone the life of our child," Dean stated rather coldly.

"Oh for fuck sakes Dean. I am not fragile. I'm just pregnant. You can't keep me treating me as if I am a child. I'm no..." he cut me off before I could finish my speech.

"Nicole, I will not say shit else. This conversation is over. Do you understand?"

"You can be such an asshole." I snapped at him.

How dare he talk to me as if he is my father. I was so mad, that I could slap the crap out of him. I balled up my fist and clench my jaw as I glared at him. He looked hurt as he says how angry I was. What the hell does he have to be hurt about?

I am the one being treated as if I was a child who has misbehaved. At least when he says s I have been a bad girl, he rewards me with spanking and mind-blowing sex afterward. He walked over to me with that sly look in his eyes.

"Oh no, you don't Tomlinson. Stay away from me. I am so mad at you right now. Keep you and your penis away from me." I hissed.

I wanted to stay mad at him. But I knew if he just as much as breathe on me, I would cave in. I can't resist this man. No matter how hard I tried to stay angry with him, he would lick his lips, or kiss me, or bite my neck, and I would totally forget that I was mad.

Ever since I told him that I might be pregnant, we have been at each others throats. Him wanting to keep me in a bubble, and me still wanting to do me. Hell if he wanted to be so protective, he shouldn't fuck me so hard.

"Don't be like that baby. Is it wrong for me to want you and our baby safe? I love you both so much. I don't know what I would do if I lost either one of you. I know I have been a lot to deal with since Kim had to have an emergency c-section, and I do apologize for being overbearing, but I do want to keep the both of you safe."

"I don't want either of you to suffer. I cherish you and the baby growing inside of you. You two are my life now."

He closed the gap between us and wrapped me in his arms. I tried to move away, but his hold was so strong. I had to admit, I felt safe in his arms.

"I truly am sorry if I am being a jerk. Please don't be mad at me for wanting to protect my family." He kissed me softly on the nose.

Oh hell. Why does he have to be so damn sweet? I want to be mad at him. But hearing him talk about the fact that he wants to protect his family softens my heart. Our child has not been born yet, and he already considers us a family. I love this man more than life itself. And he loves me and our little nugget. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his soft lips.

"I guess I can let it go. But don't push your luck." I sighed.

"Good. Now can I please show you my surfboards before you give me a right hook?" he asked playfully.

I just shook my head and laughed. He grabbed my hand and took me to the furthest part of the garage. On the wall were several surfboards.

"These are my babies."

Dean beamed as he ran his fingers across a red surfboard with black flames around the nose of it. There was a blue and white one that was a little longer than the others. And then there was one that seemed to have never been touched. It looked shiny and new.

I walked over to the shiny board and touched it. There was a name written on it. Not just and name, but an autograph. I wonder who it was from. I was about to ask him when Dean wrapped his arms around my waist.