chapter 20

Chapter 20

Today is Friday. The alarm went off. It must be 7:30. I woke up and stretched, feeling a little sore from the rough sex we have had since I got to Deans' house Tuesday night. I looked over to Dean's side of the bed and noticed he wasn't there. I turned off the alarm and got out of the bed. I grabbed my robe and headed out in the hall. I heard Dean in his office. I made my way to his office doorway and stood there watching him.

He looked so good. He was wearing sweat pants, and no shirt and shoes. His hair was still wet from the shower that he had taken. I stood there, drinking him in. He has the most wonderful chest, so toned, with abs to match. He is so incredibly sexy, and he is all mine. I watched him as he was talking on his phone. He seemed concerned about something. He had not notice me standing in the doorway.

I walked into his office towards him. He looked up from his desk and smiled at me. He opened his arms for me to sit down on his lap. I was more than willing. I curled up on his chest.

"Well is she ok?" Dean asked the person on the other end of the phone. What is wrong? Who is ok?

"Well that is good. So they are just going to have an emergency cesarean?" He must be talking about his sister. I wonder what happened. "No you guys stay there with Kim....... No we will still fly out there. We can stay at the house for the weekend. I want to show Nicole around... No mom it's ok. You guys will be here in a few weeks anyway so we will see you then....... Ok, keep me posted..... I love you too." Dean hung up the phone. He looked so sad.

"Is everything ok baby," I asked him

"Kim is having complications with the twins. It seems that one of the babies has the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck. It is causing stress to both Kim and the other twin. They have to do a cesarean to save all three of them. There is nothing her doula can do. This is beyond her. My parents are driving to San Francisco today so they can be there with her." Dean explained to me.

"Well I know you are concerned. If you want to go see your sister, go ahead baby. I can meet your parents another time. Go and see your sister and your new nephews." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him sweetly on the neck.

"Oh hell no I am not leaving you. What if something happens to our baby? Besides we are still going. We will just stay at my parents' house for the weekend. My mom and dad are coming to visit in a few weeks. You can meet them then. Now you need to try to eat something. Do you want some bacon and eggs?"

"Dean you need to stop babying me. We still don't even know that I am pregnant." I pleaded with him.

"Nicole don't start that shit. I rather be safe than sorry. So until I know otherwise, I will still treat you as if you ARE carrying my child. Now let's go eat." he said as he lifted me off his lap and gave my ass a hard smack.

I gasp and rolled my eyes at him. He just gave me another smack and then left his office. If I am indeed pregnant, he is going to get on my last nerve.

I sat in class waiting to see Mike. He never showed. I can't believe that we are still not talking. I have tried calling him all week. I needed to explain things to him. Make him understand that I value our friendship and that I was sorry that I never noticed him before. I want him to be happy. But how can I tell him this if he will not speak to me.

Class was over and I decided to go grab a cup of coffee. Dean would flip if he knew I was drinking coffee. I only told him 2 days ago that I might be pregnant, and he has already restricted my diet. But what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I walked into the café and saw Mike sitting at a table by himself. My heart dropped down to my stomach. There he was. The man I once called a friend. Would he even talk to me? There was only one way to find out. I made my way to his table. He turned his gaze to me.