chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Dean you are talking nonsense. Please calm down. Let's talk about this." I pleaded with him.

He just continued to pace the room floor, completely ignoring me. I have never seen him this furious. I just sat there waiting for him to calm down. He finally turned to me.

"What is there to talk about?" he asked

"I don't want you to do anything stupid. Please. Come sit next to me." I asked. He stopped pacing the floor and came to sit next to me. I tried to sit up, but it hurt too much.

"Nicole. You should not be moving around so much," he sighed as he kissed my hair. We sat there in silence, as he tried to calm down.

"Dean please don't do anything stupid. I know that what she did to us is unforgivable, but I need you here with me, not in jail for hurting Delaney. I don't know who it is you called, but call them back and say you changed your mind." I spoke as fresh tears began to swell up in my eyes. I pulled myself up and faced him so that I could see his eyes.

"Nicole she needs to pay for what she did. We were doing so well. We were going to have a family. She took that away from us."

"Yes, we lost our baby. But this is not the end for us. We can still have another child and start our family. Hell, we can have as many children as you want. But we won't be able to do anything together if you go out and do something that will hurt our future together." I explained. I wanted nothing more than to have this man's child. Yes, we lost this one, but we can always have more.

"You still want to be with me?" he asked in disbelief.

"Of course. Why would you ask such a question?" I was a little taken aback by his question.

"It is my fault that you are laying in this bed. It is my fault that we lost our baby. All of this happened because of me," he said in a panic. Tears began to roll down his face. How could he think that it's his fault? I grabbed his face firmly in my hands.

"None of this is your fault. How were you supposed to know that she would come after me? Please don't blame yourself for this." I had to make him see that this was not his fault.

"But it was my job to protect you and the baby. I failed. I failed you both," he sobbed against my hands.

"Dean Tomlinson, you need to stop this foolishness right the fuck now. You did your job looking after me and the baby. You made sure I ate right, you made sure I got my rest, even to the point where I thought I was going to punch you in the face for being so overbearing. You are a great protector. And you will be a better one once we try to have another child again. I don't want you to blame yourself, or think you failed us because you didn't"

I pulled his face close to mine. Our lips barely touching "I love you so much, and I will never leave you. Don't you ever forget that," I said as I kissed his lips? I felt him relax under my hold. He pulled away from me and gazed into my eyes.

"You are such a strong woman Nicole. You have more faith in me than I do myself. I am so lucky that I met you." he said as he kissed my forehead. He then rose off the bed and grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"I will call them back and tell them I changed my mind. I don't want to jeopardize our future." he kissed me and began to dial.

I sat there listening as he asked the other person did they find Delaney. By the conversation, the answer was no. That struck fear in my heart. What is she tries to come back? I continued listening as Dean called off the search for Delaney. He told them that he was going to inform the police about the incident. He ended the call and smiled at me. Oh, there is that smile. I felt my need for him growing inside me.