chapter 25

Chapter 25

"My God Amber, can we please get into the house before you start asking questions about how long ago our son knocked up his girlfriend?" Dean's dad Rick asked his wife. He gently nudged her out of the way so he could get to me. "How are you my dear," he asked me.

"Fine Mr. Tomlinson," I said. I was still in shock from Amber's comment about the baby. How does she know?

"Please call me Rick dear." Dean's dad said sweetly.

I took a moment to look at him. He was a spitting image of Dean. Well, at least an older version. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt, blue jeans, some ugly brown sandals. And a pair of aviator sunglasses. His curly blonde hair lay over his forehead just like Dean.

"Mom, dad. Thanks for embarrassing me already." Dean laughed as he grabbed my elbow and led me into the house.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked them as they sat down on the living room couch.

"No thank you, my dear. We are fine. Dean, she really is beautiful." Rick said as he gave me a once over. I was completely nervous. What if they don't like me?

"So how was your flight?" Dean asked.

"Don't change the subject Bean. I want answers. So when can I expect my grandchild to enter into the world?" Amber asked.

She was looking from Dean and then me and back to Dean. How does she know? Did she just call him Bean? I have to get the back story on that name.

"Mom," Dean complained.

He was about to say something else, but I held my hand up for him to be quiet. He gave me a cold stare. I knew I would pay for that later, but right now I needed to know.

"How do you know that I am pregnant? I mean I am not even showing." I asked curiously.

"Oh sweetie, when you have been around as long as I have, you just know these kinds of things. You are giving off a maternal aura right now. You are glowing my dear." she explained with a look of pride in her eyes. I smiled sweetly and dropped my head. She is being so sweet to me.

"Don't be shy dear. My wife and I both picked up on the energy as soon as you guys opened the door. We are more than ecstatic about the baby." Rick said as he took his wife's hand and kissed her knuckles. "We just hope it's a girl. We just had two grandsons arrive not even a month ago." he laughed

"Oh yes, a girl would be perfect my love. We can call her Saffron." Amber stated as she clapped her hands. I looked over at Dean and raised my eyebrow, he just shook his head and smiled.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Tomlinson, but we aren't naming any child we have Saffron," I told her. She just stared at me for a minute, sizing me up. I didn't cower. I stared right back at her. After a few seconds, she wore a big grin.

"She is opinionated and strong-willed Bean. I like her already. She will be a great mother and wife." she gave a nod towards me and winked.

"I already know this mom. I am a lucky man." Dean said as he kissed my forehead.

I snuggled closer to him on the love seat. I am so glad his mother likes me. She reminded me of the character Barbara Streisand played in "Meet the Fockers" one of my favorite movies.

Amber was tall and slender, but she had curly blonde hair down her back. It looks like she hasn't cut it in years. She wore a funky orange and black skirt with a red tank top. I don't think she was wearing a bra, because I could see the outline of her areola. She was probably one of those bra burners.