chapter 3

My heart seemed as if it could beat its way out of my rib cage. Pounding so loud that I wondered if he could hear it as he approached me.

"Hi, Nikki. Nice to meet you. I brought Chinese food. Tracy told me that was your favorite." he said as he held up a bag from my favorite restaurant near campus.

Speechless, I could only nod my head. I could not help looking him over as he stood before me. His body looked amazing underneath the black t-shirt he was wearing. I let my imagination roam free as I pictured him wearing nothing but the jeans he has on. Strong abs running down his torso. Arms that could lift me as if I were light as a feather. I must have been staring at him too long because I heard him clear his throat.

I focused my gaze, and a pair of stormy gray eyes met mine. So gray and so intense that they took my breath away. There is something dark and mysterious behind those eyes. Something that I wish I could know more about. Feel and touch. Just when I began to let this warm feeling wash over me, he gave me the most arrogant look. As if to say I got her.

What a jerk, I thought to myself. He is just toying with me. He was probably used to having women drool all over him. But not this girl. Although he is sexy. And the way he licked his lips. I would love to suck on his tongue. Wait. What the hell is wrong with me? I don't even know this guy, and I am thinking about doing things to his tongue? I need a glass of wine.

"Thank you for the food," I said to Dean as I snatched the bag out of his hand.

"You are quite welcome," he said while laughing at me. His laugh was even sexy. Damn this alpha male who is making me think of naughty things. I grabbed Tracy who was sitting on the couch with Bryan and pulled her towards the kitchen.

"Ummm Bryan, Dean, we will be right back," Tracy said as she glared at me with confusion.

Without saying a word, I put the food on the counter, and grab a bottle of wine. I needed this. My nerves were shot to hell. How can someone I just met can bring forth such thoughts from me? I poured myself a glass of wine and chugged it down. I poured myself another one drank it down just as fast. I was starting to feel a little more relax as the wine buzzed through my system.

"Can you believe that guy Dean?" I said to her trying not to yell.

"I know, he's cute right. I saw the way you two were looking at each other. He thinks you're cute." Tracy stated with too much excitement in her voice. I just looked at her, trying to understand the nonsense that was coming out of her mouth.

"Are you kidding me right now Tracy? I mean, did you not see how he arrogantly walked in here like he owned the place. The nerve of that guy. He is such a smug little bastard. Well, at least he brought my favorite food. And by the way, don't go telling people things about me. He did not need to know what my favorite food is." I began pacing the floor glancing at Tracy. I looked at her as she was trying to suppress her smile.

"What the hell are you smiling about Jacobs."

"You like him, Nikki."

"Are you fucking serious? I don't even know the guy. Besides, dogs run in packs. And if I remember correctly, Bryan is the biggest dog of all dogs. So I will pass." I growled folding my arms across my chest. I was about to give an epic speech about "if you lay down with dogs, you get fleas" but I was interrupted by Tracy's new love interest.

"Hey babe, we are so hungry. Are you two done talking?" He came in and kissed her on the lips. So we have advanced to kissing on the lips now? I swear it is like she has completely forgotten how poorly he treated her.

"Yes, we are done," Tracy responded breathily.

"I'll get everything set up." I just wanted some alone time to process the theatrics of my life. Yes, I am being a complete drama queen, but with good reason. I started getting the plates out of the cabinet so we could eat. I kicked Tracy and Bryan out of the kitchen. I couldn't stand any more of their goo-goo gaga mess. I mean this guy is bad news. Not to mention his friend Dean. How can a man be so extremely good-looking? I could still feel the magnetic force that seemed to pull me to him. Well, I am only doing this for my best friend. I will probably never see him again. I just have to get through tonight. I was just about finish with setting the table when Dean walked in. I halted all movement, registering his presence.

"Do you need any help," he asked sending shivers down my spine.

"I got it, thank you," I said without looking at him.

He walked over to me. I was nervous as to what he was going to say or do. I continued making plates. My breathing became more rapid as he stood behind me. I thought he was going to touch me, but instead, he grabs a glass off of the shelf. He moved to the side of me and began helping himself to the wine. I didn't have to look up to see that he was looking at me the whole time. I could feel the heat from his gaze roam over my body. He sat the glass down and moved behind me again. Oh God, surely his hands will find their way to my waiting ass. I think I might have poked it out just a little, waiting for him to grab me. He stopped just behind me and I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"Thank you for the wine," he whispered in my ear and walked back to the living room. What the hell.

I had to grab ahold of the kitchen counter just to keep myself from melting into the floor. I could still feel his breath on the back of my neck. His voice had me feeling a sensation I have never felt before. Making me think thoughts that have never crossed my mind. I wanted to hear his voice say my name as I licked him all over his chest and down to his... STOP IT NICOLE. I scolded myself. He is just a man. I gathered up my thoughts and finished fixing everyone's plate.

"Ok guys time to eat," I called out to them a few moments later, after another glass of wine. I have to say that being a little tipsy was helping me cope. I have never had a man be this interested in me.

Tracy and Bryan came strolling into the kitchen holding hands. They gross me out. I was about to take my seat when Dean walked into the kitchen his eyes fixed upon me. As if I was waiting on him to tell me when to sit, I stood there, paralyzed by his gaze. He walked over to me and held out my chair for me. Reluctantly, I sat down and he pushed my chair up for me. Okay, so he can be a gentleman. I thought he was about to walk away, but instead, he leaned close to my ear so that only I could hear what he was about to say. I closed my eyes and listened, enjoying the sound of his warm breath against the soft spot behind my ear. I could feel my insides ache for him. What the hell was this man doing to me.

"You should say thank you when someone pulls out a chair for you. Do you not have any manners," he whispered in my ear.

My throat was dry, I was unable to answer. I closed my eyes as he brushed his lips against my ear. Yeah, just when I thought he could be a gentleman, he was showing a very dominant side of him. Leaving me spinning in the wake of his dominance.

"I guess I will have to teach you some manners then," he spoke as he bit down on my earlobe. I moaned quietly at the sensation that was happening between my legs. My body was throbbing, wanting more of the pleasure he was giving me.

I was so focused, anticipating what was going to happen next. After a few seconds of nothing happening, I opened one eye. Then I opened the other. And I saw Dean was sitting right across from me. His face giving nothing away. He wasn't even looking at me. He was talking to Tracy and Bryan about something funny I guess. Because they were all laughing. I tried to regain my composure. Trying to calm my body from its moment of pleasure.

What was this man doing to me I asked myself again? I glanced over at Dean who was looking at me with a smile on his face. Oh my God, that smile. I groaned inward. he gave a suggestive wink and began eating his food.

This was going to be a long night.