Don't tell daddy

Jasmine's POV

Hunter just walked out the door. He didn't even say anything. He just walked out the door. I was laying on the sofa, my hair entangled, my clothes ripped off on the floor and all self-worth drained from my body. I curled up into a ball and cried. "How could this happen? You're just a useless, worthless woman" I whispered, not even letting the salty tears roll down my face as they did not too long ago. I couldn't let them escape the corner of my eyes. It would remind me of the state I was just in... I can't let Anthony know. He probably wouldn't believe me anyway... at least that's what Hunter said. He said if I told anyone then he'd hunt me down and do much, much worse and I have a family... I can't let anyone know.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and try to pretend it was all a dream, I heard a cry. "Mommy let me out please! I'm hungry!" I heard Robbie shout, clearly in distress. "Shit, shit, shit" I thought as I jumped up to sprint to his room. I heard him crying from the other side. "Oh my god Robbie, I'm so sorry" I said as I unlocked his door and opened it. I opened my arms and crouched down before he ran into them and gripped me tightly. "I thought I was going to die mommy" he said. Maybe he was over-exaggerating but I believed him. I believed every word as I had no one else I could believe anymore. Not even Anthony. He could quit easily turn on me and I would just trust him because I love him. Well not anymore. He's just abandoned me in a time where I would've needed him most and I can't tell him... but I can not trust him.

I took Robbie into the kitchen and made him a ham sandwich. I placed him in his high chair in the living room and flopped down on the sofa. I just wanted to curl up and cry. I just wanted to go out on to the mini-balcony we have and jump off it. But I couldn't. I had a son now and that wasn't an option. So I sat, completely still and silently, tears at the brim of my eyes trying to escape but I wouldn't let them. Not I front of Robbie. "Mommy?" He asked, breaking the silence. "Mhm?" I hummed, almost lifeless. "What game did you play with Hunter?" He asked. I could feel the temperature drop from my face and it probably went gray but I wouldn't turn to face him incase he saw the state I was in. He couldn't see me like this. "We... We didn't play any game Robbie" I said, trying to compose myself while also trying not to tell Robbie anything that would scare him. "That's what he said to me" Robbie said, so innocently unaware of the bitterness of the situation. "W-Well... he lied. He isn't a nice man sweetie" I said, still trying not to think back to it too much. "What did he do then if he didn't play a game?" Robbie asked. I was silent for an usual amount of time. I stuttered a little as I didn't really know what to say. "W-Well... h-he... he did bad t-things to me. Bad things Robbie. Things that you can never tell daddy. Robbie you've gotta promise that you'll never tell daddy about this?" I said, realising the pressure on me to make sure I don't slip nor Robbie. "Why not?" He asked. "Just don't! Daddy doesn't need to know. He won't believe us anyway but you can't say a thing... just don't tell daddy" I rushed. "Ok!" Robbie chirped and went back to eating.

About 10 minutes later, there was another knock on the door. A chill went down my spine and I shot straight up, off the sofa. I was so scared that Hunter was back. I had to check who it was before I answered it this time. I nervously tip toed over to the window where you could see who was at the door. Just as I was about to look, the doorbell rang again. My heart pounded in my chest. I peered out the window and a wave of relief came over me. It was Anthony. This wave of relief, however, was followed by a wave of anger. I unlocked the door and opened it with a stern face. "Where have you been?!" I shouted. "S-Sorry. I just went out with a few guys" He said, nervously. "Well look what that cost you!" I screamed, stopping to cover my mouth. I'd only seen his less than a minute and I already almost blurted it out. "What did it cost me?... Jasmine?" He asked, taking a step towards me and closing the door. I took a step back. "I-I meant that Robbie and I were really worried" I said, trying to sound relaxed.  "And I'm so sorry. I thought you got my text?" He said, checking his phone. "Oh... I had no service" he said, quickly after. "At least you're home now" I said, calming down a little.

Anthony's POV

I felt so bad for leaving Jasmine and Robbie after they went to Kindergarten but I had something special to do. I had been thinking about it for ages but I thought that day was a good time to do it. Jasmine seemed to walk into our bedroom but i wanted to see Robbie. "Daddy!" He shouted with glee from his high chair. "Heya!" I shouted back before I went to lift him out his high chair. "Where did you go?" He asked me. "Well I wanted to do something special for mommy and I had to go arrange some things. What did you get up to? Enjoy your first day of nursery?" I asked, tickling him before placing him in the sofa and sitting beside him. "It was amazing! I made a friend called Charlotte and she's amazing and there was makeup left by one of the teachers and I put it on her and then she put it on me!" Robbie rushed and giggled. "Wait, she put makeup on you?" I asked, slightly confused. "Yeah! It looked nice but mommy wiped it off" He said and crossed his arms in stubbornness. "Robbie you can't wear makeup. You're not a little girl you see" I said. "But Charlotte put it on and I liked it!" Robbie protested. "Robbie not even little girls wear makeup never mind little boys. Only grown up girls wear makeup and grown up boys especially don't" I said. "Really?" Robbie asked, sadly, putting on his petted lip. "Yes really. Men don't wear makeup" I stated, firmly. "Ok then. I won't do it again. Sorry daddy" Robbie said, on the verge of crying. "That's fine" I said and hugged him.

1170 Words

Honk

-CSJ