Announcement

Jasmine's POV

I woke up with a sore head. I rolled over and groaned to see a still asleep but naked Anthony staring me in the face. I jumped up and covered myself with the duvet I ripped off the bed. This woke Anthony very suddenly. He was still half asleep and confused when I yelled, "Anthony! What the hell did you do?". "Um... what?" Anthony said, looking at me with a confused expression on his face. "Look at us! I think it's pretty clear what happened last night" I said with my eyebrows now touching as I scrunched my face up in anger. "Oh yeah right. That..." He said. "How could you let this happen?" I asked. "Hey, stop being so irrational Jas. Last night, we were both drunk and actually, you were flirting with me before I did anything to you as I recall" Anthony retorted. "Plus, we're boyfriend and girlfriend and we've been dating 5 months so I don't see the problem," Anthony said as he got up to put on a pair of boxers. "Well... Well actually there is a problem" I said. Anthony turned to face me while he slipped his boxers on. He hummed an "mhm" wanting me to continue. "That was my first time and.. well now I don't remember it," I said and I sighed while sitting on the bed again. "Wait, it was?" Anthony asked looking concerned. "Yeah, it was. I'm so angry at myself for letting that happen" I replied, my voice breaking as a tear slipped down my cheek. "Jas, hey, it's fine. I'm really sorry. I had no idea. I just kinda presumed it was ok and I shouldn't have. Drunk Anthony is a flirty Anthony so it normally doesn't go down well" Anthony said making me laugh. "I think drunk Jasmine is flirty too so that combination can't be good either," I said, sniffing and wiping my tears away. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom to have a shower. I had no clue of the details of what happened last night but I had no intentions of carrying it into today.

After we had cleared the air of most awkward tension and ate breakfast, it was time for us to leave. We made our way to our usual Starbucks and ordered our usual coffee. The waitress had even begun to know our names and welcomed us every morning as we came in. After our coffee, we headed to the theatre and just as we stepped in the door, an announcement came over the loudspeaker, "All cast and music team to meet me on stage straight after tonight's show. Thanks and bye". It was Lin again.

Daveed and Oak went on holiday together for a few days and were only coming back today in time for act 2. They decided to come and just watch it from the audience. This meant that Anthony's dressing room was free so I went with him to his room.

"Your dressing room is way bigger than ours!"I pointed out as we walked in. "I'm pretty sure you said that 3 months ago when you were last in my room," Anthony told me. "Oh yeah..." I said while laughing as Anthony started too. "I'm really hyped for today's show and I don't know why" I said. "I think I know why" Anthony said with a wink. He burst out laughing as I threw a pillow at him and my eyes widened. "Shut up!" I yelled causing Chris to walk in and ask if all was well.

"What's going on in here?" Chris asked in his protective father voice. "Oh um.... nothing Chris" I said. Chris looked like he didn't trust me and shifted his gaze to Anthony, Who was lying on the floor with a pillow by his side, and raised one eyebrow. "Oh I told a funny joke and Jas thought it was so funny she threw a pillow at me and... um then she told me to shut up cause it was so funny" Anthony blurted out, standing up. It didn't sound very convincing though. "Yeah, Yeah that's right" I said. "Hmmmm ok. But anything else goes down in here and I'll stay in this dressing room tonight". Anthony's face flushed bright red and Chris walked out the room. I burst out laughing this time looking at Anthony's face. "What does he mean by anything else goes down in here?" Anthony asked and I sat down on the armchair. "Gee, I don't know" I said acting innocent. "C'mon isn't it obvious? Not that we get would of course!!" I rushed. "Or would we?" Anthony said making his way over to me. "No we wouldn't" I said getting up to apply my makeup for Act 1. "Awww Jas, don't be such a buzzkill" Anthony said pretending to be sad. "Hey, just obeying what Chris said. He's like twice our age. I think we need to respect his decision" I said, half joking. "Well technically he didn't say it was forbidden. He just said he'll come in if it happ-" Anthony began before I interrupted, "Ant, just get changed please" with a smile. "Ugh. Fine... but only cause it's you who told me to" he said while taking his costume to the back of the room to get changed.

Our show went so well that night. I remember thinking it was the best performance we had all done together. Nothing happened JJ our dressing room of course, so Chris wasn't required. After most of the audience had disappeared and the curtain was drawn, everyone made their way back to the stage as Lin said. "Everyone! Quiet please" Lin shouted. The whole cast quietened down until there was silence so Lin could talk. "So as everyone is aware we have been in this theatre for a long time now". Most people hummed in agreement. "Well I have a big announcement. We will no longer be in the theatre after next week". Everyone looked at each other confused. "Cause we'll be in the Richard Rodgers theatre on Broadway!!" Lin shouted the last part and everyone screamed. We all hugged each other and gasped. People were chanting for Lin and the atmosphere was super energetic.

After Anthony and I arrived home, we both ordered a pizza and ice cream to celebrate. Lin told us that the party would be the next night instead so we had our own smaller celebration that night. We couldn't be bothered clearing our mess up so we just headed straight to bed. I knew the next day was going to be good. I couldn't wait for the whole cast party.

1115 words       Y E E Z U S

Hi y'all I just wanted to say thanks so much for over 100 reads! It means a lot especially since my writing is so horrible lmao

-JJ