Trying it out

Jasmine's POV

We went back to Hamilton the day after and everyone was still hyped about Phillipa's wedding. It was all that would be talked about until the show started. Then everyone was in such a rush getting back into character after two days off that it slipped everyone's minds.

After 'Tomorrow There'll Be More Of Us', I heard Anthony burst into my dressing room. I had just applied my Maria makeup and I was only in my underwear. "Hey Jas" He said with a smirk. "Not now. We literally have like 20 minutes until you need to go back on for Take a Break" I said, putting my lipstick back in my bag. "Good enough" he said and wrapped his arms around me. "Ant, anyone could walk in at any moment" I said as he leaned in to kiss me. "I got it covered babygirl. Don't worry" he said and I leaned into him for the kiss.

~15 minutes later~

"I told you we could make it" Anthony said, putting his pants up. "Now I gotta reapply my makeup" I groaned and looked in the mirror. My red lips rock had smudged all over my cheeks. Oh god that was not gonna be easy to get off. I grabbed my makeup spray and wipes and wiped my cheeks furiously. Anthony laughed as he slid his shoes on and unlocked the door. "Gotta go babe. See ya backstage in a few" Anthony said and left the room. My cheeks were bright red, matching the shade of the lipstick by the time I had finished rubbing them. I reapplied my lipstick and just left my bright red cheeks as they were. I also opened a window in the dressing room cause you could smell Anthony's aftershave and ran backstage just in time to see Anthony's 'Un deux trois quatre CINQ!'. If only the audience knew what that 'nine year old' had done just minutes before being onstage.

We went three whole weeks like that. Every time there was a break in songs for us, we would sneak in an opportunity. The rush of it all made me incredibly intrigued every time. We whittled it down from 20 mins at the start, down to ten and then we risked a 5 minute round and we managed it. Just. That was until one day, some new managers of the building came in. They explained that there would be new rules. We already didn't like these people. There was no food allowed in dressing rooms which made no sense. We always had mini parties in our dressing rooms on two day shows. Another new rule was that we weren't allowed backstage unless we were on in two songs or less to 'stop overcrowding'. I'm pretty sure you could fit two times the amount of people we have in our cast back there and there's still be some room but apparently not.
Then the worst rule came. "So as our last rule, we don't think should be a problem but, no hugging, kissing or anything of the sort in this building unless instructed to do so by the choreographer in a number. Oh yes, we've also built in security cameras along every hallway to make sure of it. If you're caught doing anything like that, we shall be forced to kick you out" The woman, who had her hair pulled so tightly into a bun it made her constantly look surprised, said. I looked at Anthony who was at the other side of the crowd of people gathering around to hear. He looked back at me and then looked to the floor. I tuned out of listening to the rest of this woman's ramble and when she finished, I headed back to my dressing room.

I flopped down on the armchair in the corner of the room as Renee and Pippa walked in. "It's all bullshit!" I almost shouted at them and groaned in anger. "I feel you. No food in the dressing room? What are we gonna do on two show days? Starve?" Pippa asked and Renee agreed. "Thats not the one I was talking about... but still yeah that's pretty unfair" I said and crossed my arms. "You guys do realise that you can still date? Just don't kiss on camera?" Renee suggested. "Yeah I know but we had s thing going on" I said and then instantly regretted it. "Ooh a little thing you say?" Pippa said. "Yeah, spill the beans" Renee said and they both smirked at me. "Well even though I know it's not gonna work, Anthony insists that I can still get pregnant so we've been trying for like 3 weeks now" I said. "1. That's so nice. I hope it goes well and 2. How does being here affect that at all?" Renee asked and both girls looked hella confused. "Oh-Oh... it doesn't. Never mind" I said before changing subject so they couldn't question me any longer.

831 Words

Sorry it's a short chapter today but idk where this story is going? I also kinda wanna have like a choose your ending thing. I think that would be pretty cool

- CJJ ✌🏻