The Talk

Jasmine's POV

Anthony and I were both exhausted after the wedding and Lin told us that we could take another day off. I was so thankful to have someone as kindhearted as him for my boss. Well, I don't even think of him as a boss. He's just like a co-worker. A best friend kinda guy, not a boss. I woke up at 1 in the afternoon the next day, still feeling like I could sleep another 12 hours but I woke up anyway. I made myself a coffee, changed out of my clothes from the day before, took off my makeup, let my hair down and sat on the sofa as Anthony was still fast asleep in our bed. After switching on Netflix and watching most of a movie I had never heard of but turned out to be quite good, Anthony woke up. I didn't hear him though which caused my gasp in shock when he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind the sofa. He giggled before saying, "Morning Jas" and kissing the back of my head. "You gave me fright there Ant" I said as I moved one of his hands over my heart so he could feel how fast it was beating. "Woah I can see that" he said and kissed the back of my head again. "What are you watchin?" He asked as he noticed the movie on. "I don't really know but it's alright actually" I said and he took his arms away.

After a few minutes, he came back with a coffee, a headache pill and a plate of toast. He swallowed the pill along with a swig of coffee and made his way over to me. "Here. I made this for you" he said and handed me the plate. "Are you joking? It looks like you've used a whole loaf!"I said, looking at the tower of slices on the small plate. "Well I was kinda hoping you would have some leftover" he said with a wink and sat next to me. "You idiot" I laughed. "We'll just share it then" I suggested and we managed to eat the whole plate between us. After we had finished our coffees, the movie ended. "What do you wanna do today?" Anthony suddenly piped up. "Um... I don't know. I was thinking of just staying in bed all day" I said and shrugged. "That works for me" Anthony said and winked as he threw himself on top of me. I didn't mean that but I couldn't resist. We passionately made out for a few minutes before I pulled away, gasping for air and Anthony lifted me up. I straddled him and he carried me to our bedroom again. This was going to be fun.

~ A very long time later~

Anthony collapsed beside me, panting and I felt like I couldn't move. All my energy was drained from several rounds and it took me ages to catch my breath. Anthony kissed my forehead and sighed. "This was the best way to spend our day off" he said and cuddled into me. "Yeah... it was"I said, still panting. This caused Anthony to laugh and ask, "Are you still puffed out?". "Of course... my stamina levels are low for one round never mind four" I said and we both laughed. We stayed cuddling up together until I realised the time. I turned over, away from Anthony's chest and saw my clock. "5PM?!" I shouted. "How?". "Well... how long did you think that was?" Anthony replied. "I-I dunno but not 3 and a half hours" I said and got up. "We need to get changed cause I'm starving and I want an early dinner" I said and smiled. I found my clothes thrown across the floor and picked them and put them on. "Yeah me too actually but I don't wanna leave here" He said as I was about to walk out the door. "Well ya either come or no dinner" I said. "Oh I don't worry, I did. Plenty of times" He said. It took me a moment but when I got it, he started laughing and I picked his boxers off the floor and slingshotted them at his face. "Y'all are disgusting. Get changed" I said and walked out as he continued laughing.

Roughly half an hour later, our pizza arrived and we sat on the sofa with it. I could see that Anthony looked really deep in thought and he wasn't eating. "Ant?" I asked, to no reply. "Earth to Anthony" I said and waved my hand infront of his face. He snapped out of whatever thought he was in and looked at me nervously. "O-Oh Sorry Jasmine. I-I was just-" he began but then stopped, almost as if to think about how he should word something. "Look, If you wanna talk to me, there's nothing I will hate you for" I said, kindly. "W-Well I was just thinking about our future. After what you said after the wedding ceremony, I haven't gotten it out of my mind. I don't know exactly what you meant by that but what I do know is that I want to spend every waking moment with you Jasmine. I really do. I want to get married and start a family with you" He said, nervously. "Yeah... that's a nice fantasy you've got" I said with a sad laugh. "Fantasy?" He questioned. "Don't you get it? I've reminded you before! There's never gonna be a happy family with me! I'm fucking useless at doing what women need to do. I can't have children. Can we please just accept that and move on?" I said, sounding strong but actually I felt like I was about to cry. "I know what the doctor said and I know it's hard to accept but what I say is that we can't give up hope. There's still a chance. I say any chance we get we take it if you know what I mean. No more protection. Wether we have a child first time or 500th time, were gonna get there. And hey, if we don't, then there's other ways" Anthony said and grabbed my hand. "So you're saying we should try for a baby as often as we can?" I asked. "Yep" Anthony said, popping the 'p'. "Well I mean... I guess I can do that. But how often do you mean by 'as often as we can?' I asked. "Well I mean any chance we get. We get at least one chance a day don't we?" He said. "Anthony. We have to do Hamilton every day of the week" I reminded him. "And? What's stopping us?" He said, raising one eyebrow. "So you're saying we.... oh... oh" I said and he smirked. "So you down?" He asked. "Sure. I'm down" I said and we hugged before falling asleep next to each other on the sofa.

1160 Words

I know I said gn in the last chapter but I couldn't sleep so I'm bacc. Woah it's late