Home

Jasmine's POV

We were let out of hospital the following day. Everything seemed well with Robert and we were told to just go home and make sure he's putting on weight.

Anthony brought his car up to the hospital to pick us up. He also brought clothes and a car seat/carrier for Robert. We arrived at our apartment, carrying Robert, and put him down on the floor. I picked him out of the carrier. "How did we create something so cute?" Anthony said. "Well because you're his dad obviously" I replied, cuddling Robbie into my chest. "Well I think it's cause you're his mom" Anthony replied and kissed the back of my head. I giggled slightly, waking up Robert.

He began to cry and I looked at Anthony. "Is he ok? What's wrong with him?" I asked and lifted him off my chest and into my arms. "I dunno! I'm not telepathic" Anthony said. "He can't be hungry. He was fed about half an hour ago before we left" I said. "Have you changed his diaper?" Anthony asked. "Yeah, I checked in the car" I said. "Ant we've only been home 5 minutes and he's crying for no reason. I'm panicking" I said, freaking out slightly. "Jas relax, maybe he's still tired and we woke him up" Anthony pointed out. "I guess we could try" I said and carried Robert to our bedroom and put him in the Moses basket Anthony had set us when he came home for the car. As soon as I had tucked him in, he stopped crying.

"Well I guess he's gonna be a sleepy baby" I said. "Well that's not always a bad thing" Anthony said with a wink. "Shut up!" I said, jokingly. Anthony and I went and sat on the bed. "I think I'm gonna join Robbie by sleeping now" I said. "On you go. I'll stay up incase he starts crying again" Anthony said and kissed me. "Aren't you tired?" I asked. "No I'm good. We can take it in shifts" he said with a laugh. "Ok alright then. I'll make sure not to keep you up too late" I said and began to change into my pyjamas. "I'm so proud of you Jas. I knew you could do it" Ant said as he walked over to the Moses basket. "I genuinely didn't think I'd be able to do it" I replied, sliding my top on. "Here we were thinking we'd never be parents and now we have our own little boy" Anthony said.
"It's so weird. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts. I'm pretty sure everyone we know will kick down the door and pass Robbie around like he's a present in pass the parcel" I said and lay down on the bed. "Well we'd better take advantage of it. Take advantage of every second we get with Robert cause we probably won't get another chance" Anthony said. I stared up at the ceiling, silent. "Jas I'm sorry to bring it up but it's true and we can't just deny it all our lives" Anthony continued. Tears began to well in my eyes but I couldn't let him see that so I kept my gaze focused on the pattern of the paint on the ceiling. "Jas please say something. I know it's hard for you to think about but look at what we made. We defied the estimate that we'd never have a child and we got one. We should cherish Robbie incase we don't get another chance is all I'm saying" Anthony said, I could sense that things were getting awkward even though I wasn't looking at him. "I'll just leave you here then" he said and switched off the light and shut the door.

I lay, still staring up at the ceiling, my thoughts racing and swarming my head like a hive of bees. I began to quietly sob and I didn't really know why. Old memories of Hunter? The realisation that I now have a son? That I'm responsible for a life? That I won't sleep for weeks? I didn't know but I just let it all out. The salty tears rolled down my rosy cheeks, staining them until I finally rolled over and drifted off to sleep.

715 Words

I feel like I'm being annoying by writing less than 1,000 words, but then again, People probably love it when they don't have to pretend to scroll through and enjoy my chapters. Cough ACatPerson12345 cough

-CJJ

anD ME CSJ

I WROTE SOME OF THIS

APPRECIATE ... thanks