Surprise

~5 months later~

Jasmine's POV

I was in the hospital after having weird pains and sickness in my lower stomach. They thought that something was going on with my Fallopian tubes at first but they scanned them and nothing seemed to be there. They kept me in the hospital as they weren't sure what to do with me. I had very sore pains every so often and I was throwing up almost constantly. I was away from Hamilton. Anthony and Thayne were the only original broadway cast left anymore. It started off with Lin leaving during the summer and then everyone's just been dropping like flies ever since. It wasn't the same without Renee and Pippa but it was manageable.

Anthony came to visit me everyday in hospital but then one day a specialist came in to check on me while he was in. "Hello. I'm Doctor Johnson. I'm the specialist here in this ward" the woman said with a smile on her face. "Nice to meet you" I said and shook her hand. "So what exactly is the problem here?" She asked. "I kept getting violent pai-" I began and then I got one of my pains. I held my stomach and tried to breathe. Luckily, Anthony picked up where I left off. "She's getting violent pains in her stomach. She's also throwing up at least 12 times a day and has a constant headache" Anthony said. "What's your reason to be in the hospital?" The woman asked, clearly confused. "Well Jasmine had an incident last year where her Fallopian tubes were badly damaged and we were told there was barely any chance of us having a child ever" Anthony replied, as my pain subsided a little. "Ah right ok. Would there be any chance that you could possibly be pregnant right now?" Dr Johnson asked. "W-What do you mean?" I asked, the pain completely fading. "Has there been any sexual activity in the last 3 months?" Dr Johnson asked again. "Yeah..." I said, embarrassed as my cheeks flushed red. "Ok well I'd suggest we give you a couple of pregnancy tests and see if that's what's happening here. I don't see how those could be symptoms of your previous damage" the doctor said. "Thank you Doctor Johnson" I said and smiled brightly. I really hoped I was pregnant. "I'll be right back with those tests" she said and left my bed.

"Oh my god!" I said and squealed. "I know! Don't get your hopes up Jas but this is a possibility" Anthony said and hugged me. I took a drink of the water next to my bed when the woman came back. "So we have these three tests. One of them is old fashioned, basically a double line means you're pregnant, and the other two will tell you with words" Dr Johnson said and smiled at us. "If they come back positive, then we can discharge you immediately but if you're not then we'll need to run more tests" the doctor said, "oh and good luck" she said and walked away. I picked the three of them up and Anthony and I walked to a toilet. Anthony decided he had to come into the bathroom with me so he did. It was slightly awkward with him there, I had to admit. "Have you done it yet?" He asked as he looked over at me, squatting over the toilet and holding he final stick underneath me. "Ooooh never mind" he said and looked up st the ceiling. "Well it's not exactly elegant but you're the one who insisted on coming in here" I pointed out and out the third in on the sink. I pulled my pants up and we awaited the results. We slouched down against the wall together, next to the sink. After I'd given them a few minutes, I picked up the first one I did which was the old fashioned one.

I brought it down to eye level and it showed two lines! I shrieked. "OH MY GOD!" Anthony said and hugged me tightly. "Now all we need is confirmation" I said and took the two other ones at the same time. Both of them read pregnant on them. We both jumped up and shrieked. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god" was what Anthony kept chanting as he hugged me tightly. I was crying with happiness as I never thought this would be able to happen. It took us a minute but we eventually calmed down. We walked out together, hand in hand, with the pregnancy tests in my pocket and smiles on our faces. "Oh there you are Jasmine. So the results are?" Doctor Johnson asked. "All three are positive!" I squealed after I brought all three out and handed them to her. "I'm so happy for you guys!" She said. "If you'd like to follow me down to the clinic I can give you a scan to see how far on in the pregnancy you are" Dr Johnson said. "We'd love that" I said, enthusiastically. I couldn't describe the feeling I felt then. It was as if you were told you couldn't ever live a happy life with biological children. I know we could always adopt but there's something special about carrying your own child that makes everything worthwhile in the end. I was just ecstatic the whole walk down to the maternity clinic.

I was quickly put under a scanner and they rubbed some clear gel on my stomach. A different doctor who didn't talk the whole time, flashed a light at my stomach twice from each side. Now that I looked at it, I could see a little bump. Memories of Hunter and my last pregnancy came flossing back to me halfway through the scan and I bit my lip to hold back my tears. I thought about the fact that we would have a little child by now and I wouldn't have such a fragile body. I would've cried if it weren't for the optimistic side of me. I thought about the statistics and how lucky I was to even be pregnant this time and my bitten lip turned into a smile. I knew that this time I had to be careful and guard the baby with my life... literally I had to do that since it was inside me.

The doctor then out this thing that looked like a handle on my belly and rubbed it around. After about 10 minutes of awkward silence and Anthony watching through a bit of glass in the door, the woman wrapped it up. A piece of paper printed out and he handed it to me and shouted the next patient in. I walked out to Anthony and we both read the note.

Name: Jasmine Cephas-Jones
PartnerName: Anthony Ramos-Martinez
Gender: ??
Trimester: 1st
Weeks into pregnancy: 4
Months into pregnancy: 1
Estimated DOB:  July 6th-13th

"A month into my pregnancy? How did I not know??" I said. "I don't know babe but look what we've created. There's a little guy or girl in there" Anthony said and held my ever so slightly raised bump. "I can't wait to meet you.
Now go easy on your mom ok? She deserves a break from stress and hassle. Don't be causing her any" Anthony said to it which made me laugh. We walked back up to collect the little amount of things I had brought for my two day hospital stay and then Anthony drove us home. All three of us.

1262 Words

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS CRAPPY BUT I SWEAR I WONT KILL THIS BABY. Damn ok that sounded dark. I swear I won't tho

- CSJ