The First Day

Jasmine's POV

I wake up to my alarm clock frantically beeping. I roll over to turn it off. The time reads 8AM. 'Why do we have to get up so early?' I whispered while getting out of bed and making my way to the kitchen. I lived alone in my apartment right between Brooklyn and New York City. It was nice to move away from the very centre of the city when I moved out but sometimes I did miss the people walking their dogs at 3AM as if it was the middle of the afternoon and being able to go get a Starbucks at midnight if I wanted to. My apartment was kind of impractical for my job however, which was in the middle of the city. I had been cast into a new musical to feature off-broadway called 'Hamilton'. I was cast as Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds which weren't really in a lot of songs but I was fine with that. We'd been rehearsing for this for over a year now and this would finally be my first day.

I made myself a cup of coffee to keep me going and drank it while i watched whatever crap was on TV at 8AM. I just lazed around for about an hour, getting some toast to eat as well before I had to go get changed. Today was going to be our first proper show in the Public Theatre! I skipped along to my bedroom at the sudden realisation. I was hyper knowing that we were going to be performing in front of hundreds of people. I put on my Peggy makeup and made my way to my wardrobe. I put on a nice top and skirt before phoning a taxi to come to my apartment.

When I arrived at the theatre, I ran in to greet the cast. I ran down the corridor stoping to say 'Hi' to some fellow cast members along the way until I finally made it to my dressing room. I shared a dressing room with Renee and Phillipa. They were the other Schuyler Sisters. I opened the door and greeted them. "Jasmine!" They both said in unison. "Hey guys! Excited for today?" I asked. "Of course we are!" Renee said. "It's going to be so exciting! The only thing is I'm kind of worried incase I don't manage to hit my high note in Take a Break" Pippa said. "Don't worry you'll be fine. I know it" I said. We had a conversation about the show for about half an hour until Lin made an announcement over the loudspeaker to meet him on the stage.

Lin gave us all a very motivational speech and told us that everything will be fine. He said he wanted everyone to know who each other was and one fact about themselves. I basically knew all the female cast as we were in one side of the building and I knew Lin, Sydney and Leslie as were in songs together but I didn't really know anyone else. We all sat in a circle on the stage and Lin started "I'm Lin-Manuel Miranda. I play Alexander Hamilton and I wrote this show". Next up was Leslie, then Oak, the Daveed, then Pippa and then me. "My name is Jasmine Cephas-Jones. I play Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds and I love dogs". I couldn't think of anything better to say than that on the spot. Renee went next and then sitting next to Renee was the best looking guy I've ever seen. He had the most beautiful eyes, curly dark hair and lots of freckles. "My name is Anthony Ramos. I play Philip Hamilton and John Laurens and my brother might be my understudy" The man, Anthony, said. I was mesmerised. I'd only just  seen the guy and I was starting to fall for him.

650 words

A/N
This is my first ever story so don't hate me if I'm absolutely horrible at writing. But also pls give me advice on what I can do to improve the story :)

- JJ