Best Day Ever?

Jasmine's POV

I woke up in a hotel with a pounding headache. I looked beside me to see Anthony, sound asleep. I smiled remembering last night. He proposed to me. He proposed. It still hasn't really sunk in that I would be marrying the man I had loved since I laid eyes on him. I got up and looked around. I didn't remember being in this hotel never mind booking it. We must've been really drunk last night... my pounding headache told me that I was correct.

I got changed and eventually, Anthony woke up. "Hey baby. Did you sleep well?" He asked me, getting up. "Yeah I did actually, you?" I questioned, watching him slide the same pants he had on from last night. "Well besides waking up with a pounding headache then yeah, it was pretty good" he said. "Same. My head's been killing me since I woke up" I responded. We chatted some more before we went down for breakfast. It was there that I decided to check my phone. I thanked my lucky stars that drunk me remembered to text my parents to tell them that they'd need to look after Robbie overnight.

After lunch, my sore head still hasn't gone away. "Ant, is your head still sore?" I asked as we walked back into the hotel room. "No it's gone now, why?" He asked. "Mine is still killing me" I said, exaggerating. "Take some more painkillers maybe? I don't know how drunk we were last night but we were clearly sober enough to pay for a hotel and change into pyjamas that god knows where we got from" Anthony said which made me laugh a little. "I'll try taking some more but then we need to leave and go pick up Robbie" I said, searching for the painkillers I kept in my bag. I found some and took them while Anthony collected our small array of belongings.

We picked up Robbie and arrived home, my head still pounding while Anthony's had gone away. "Why did you and daddy leave?" Robbie asked as he ran into the house he acted like he hadn't seen for years. "Well you know how mommy and daddy were not married like you said Charlotte's parents were?" I asked. "Yeah! She's my best friend" Robbie said, drifting off the subject like he normally does. "Well, now mommy and daddy are going to get married!" I said with excitement lacing my voice. "Really?" He asked as Anthony walked in the door. "Yes really. We're gonna be married" I said, pulling Ant over to me and kissing him. "Can I go to your wedding?" Robbie exclaimed, excitedly. "Of course. You'll be a very important person at our wedding" Anthony said and picked him up. "I think I'll take him out for a McDonald's. I can't be bothered making anything. You want something?" Anthony asked. "No I'm good. I feel really sick anyway" I said. "Maybe you should lie down. You've obviously got a pretty extreme hangover. I'll check up on you when we get back" Anthony said and carried Robbie out to the car.

I walked into my room and suddenly felt the urge to throw up. So I did. I sat leaning over the toilet bowl afterwards, exhausted. I don't know what this feeling was. It was worse than any hangover I'd ever had before. The only time I've very felt like this before was... when I was pregnant with Robbie. I lifted my head remembering this. Did we do anything last night? My thoughts were clouded and I couldn't remember. I must've sat there for about 5 minutes.

I eventually stood up, coming to the conclusion that I was too heavily drunk last night to process anything. Before I walked out, I made sure to flush the toilet. As I reached out for the handle, I noticed the cupboard behind the toilet. The cupboard where I kept the spare two pregnancy tests. Surely it wouldn't be so bad just to make sure? I'm confident we didn't do anything but... but maybe... no. That couldn't happen... not like this. It couldn't be could it?... not hunter. The thought brought tears to my eyes but I quickly wiped them away. I'm not letting him get the better of me. I grabbed the two tests and used them.

725 Words

So yeah... that happened

-CSJ