The Show and The Date

Anthony's POV

I couldn't believe I'd just gotten Jasmine's number! I got back to my dressing room to find that Daveed and Oak had already changed into their costumes. "You were away quite a while dude. You ok?" Oak asked. Before I could respond Daveed chimed in saying "Were you making out with whatever girl you like?". "What? No. Obviously not" I said trying not to blush this time. "I needed to just calm down before the show" I responded. "Well you'd better get dressed then," Daveed said as he and Oak walked out the room together leaving me alone. I had a mini-freakout at Jasmine's contact in my phone. I stared at it for so long I could remember the whole number off by heart. Tommy made an announcement through the loudspeaker saying "This is your five-minute warning before everyone has to be backstage for the opening number. Five minutes" I hadn't even gotten dressed yet so I knew I was going to miss Chris' prayer circle today but getting dressed was more important. I quickly threw on my costume and ran backstage just as Tommy came over the speaker again saying "The show will be beginning as soon as everyone is in their positions". I got into my spot in the diagonal line with Leslie and Daveed at either side of me as the curtain raised and I saw the audience. I was really nervous but more excited as I heard the opening riff of 'Alexander Hamilton'.

The show all went well and most of the cast started crying with joy when the curtain fell. "Three cheers for Lin" Jon shouted and everyone cheered. "Three cheers for everyone!" Lin shouted afterward and we all cheered. I returned to my dressing room after the mini party we had on stage. I changed back into my casual clothes and hung up my costume. It was then that I remembered to text Jasmine about the coffee.

Jasmine's POV

Phillipa, Renee and I all changed back into our normal clothes together and we were all talking about how proud of each other we were when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at the message that read:

Anthony: Yo Jasmine u still up for the coffee?

Me: You know it. See you at the Starbucks on Union Square in 20 x

I was so excited to be meeting Anthony for coffee. I really wanted to ask him if he was single while we were at Starbucks but I didn't know how to bring that up without my obvious intentions coming across. I just hoped he was single. I thought I'd die if he was single.

I got on one of the taxis that always seemed to be conveniently parked everywhere in New York so I could get to the Starbucks in time. I arrived and sat at a table noticing that Anthony wasn't there yet. It gave me time to think about what to say. A few minutes later, I heard the door open and noticed Ant walk in. "Hey Jasmine," he said as he sat next to me on the sofa. "How you doing after the show?" He asked. "I'm doing fine. It was extremely nerve-wracking but I'm sure we'll get used to it. What about you?" I asked. "I'm fine. The same goes for me actually. It was really stressing me out at first but as soon as I heard the music start, I completely forgot there was an audience there" Anthony replied. We chatted for a little while until we decided to go get drinks. I went and ordered for us. When I returned with the drinks I asked, "So whereabouts do you live?". "Oh, I live kind of on the border between Brooklyn and the city," he said. "Me too" I replied. "Do you live with anyone?" I asked again. "Nope. Just me. I'm still single believe it or not" He laughed. I internally freaked-out. "I'm single too believe it or not" I laughed as well. "I think everyone else in the cast is either married, engaged or dating," I said. "I know right! The number of people that said they had kids as their fact was just weird" Anthony replied and we both laughed.

I drank the rest of my coffee, making small talk every now and then until I realized Anthony was staring into my eyes again. I blushed and looked into his. This time, he himself realized what he was doing and quickly looked away, diverting his attention to something else. "I'm sorry I keep doing that and I don't know why. Well, I do, but that's unimportant. I just really-" Anthony began rambling. "No, it's fine. Seriously, You don't need to apologize it's fine. I was kind of staring back anyway" I said. This made us both smile and blush. "Look, Jasmine, I'm really sorry but I need to let you know. It's fine if you think I'm insane or something but.. I... I really like you" Anthony said. I felt as if I could've died right in that very moment. "I mean that I really like you. As in I think I'm in love with you Jasmine" Anthony said an he looked away as if I was going to shout at him or something. I had no words. I didn't expect this to happen and I couldn't find the words to say so I put my hand on his cheek and made him face me. I then leaned in to kiss him and he kissed back. I felt as if I was going to melt with the warmth in my face. My heart was pounding out my chest and I felt weak but I loved every moment until we broke apart. "Wow," Anthony said and we were both blushing. We looked each other in the eyes until Anthony took my hand in his and asked "Jasmine Cephas-Jones, will you be my girlfriend?". "Yes! Yes! Of course I will" and I hugged him tightly. This truly did turn out to be the best day of my life so far.

1015 Words

A/N

I hope you all enjoyed this. I tried to make it natural but I know it seemed a bit rushed, I apologize for that. I'll tryto make this story more interesting at some point instead of this cliche crap like it is right now :)

-JJ