The Run-in

Anthony's POV

I walked back to my dressing room after Lin made us do that circle thing. I learned a lot about different people, most of which I have never even seen before. I shared a dressing room with Daveed and Oak so I found them drinking coffee when I arrived. "Hey, Anthony! Did you hear Renee's fact? She must have one interesting life" Daveed said laughing which caused Oak to start laughing too. "Oh yeah. I know right?" I said pretending to laugh. The truth was that I didn't hear Renee's fact. I wasn't really listening. I was in a daydream. The girl before Renee, Jasmine, caught my attention. She was just so good looking and I couldn't believe it. "I'd do anything to be with her" I quietly said to myself waking over to the nearest chair. "What was that?" Oak asked me. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh um... nothing. I was just thinking that maybe I... left my phone in my apartment but nope it's here. haha" I said awkwardly. Daveed and Oak looked at me with confusion. "Okay, dude. Just let us know when you manage to ask out that girl you'd 'do anything to go out with'" Daveed said and the two burst out laughing. I blushed and gave them a death glare which seemed to only make them laugh harder. I sighed and left the room wanting to go for a walk around the theatre before having to put on my costume anyway.

Jasmine's POV

Pippa, Renee and I left the stage after the 'getting to know everyone' game. We walked back to our dressing room to get changed into our costumes. Pippa was getting her make-up done by Renee as I put my dress on. "Did you guys all learn something about the male cast then?" I asked. "Yeah actually. There's loads of them" Pippa said which made us giggle a little bit. "All the boy's facts were boring. Except Thayne's. I can tell we're going to get along since we both love cookies" Renee said. Pippa and I hummed in agreement. "I quite liked Johnathon's fact. He kinda just said 'Hey I'm Jonathon Groff and I'm gay' and that's a pretty cool thing to be able to do" Pippa said. "Yeah, that was really confident," Renee said. "So Jasmine whose fact did you like?" Pippa asked. I was away in a dream for a second but I snapped back into reality when Phillipa said my name. "Oh em... I liked Anthony's. I liked that um... he has a brother?" I said, questioning why I didn't just say someone else. Renee and Phillipa looked at each other for a second before smirking. "Are you sure the only thing you like about him is that he has a brother?" Renee teased. I blushed. "Oh my god no! Ew gross. Of course that's the only thing I like about him" I said pretending to be disgusted but I was blushing just at the mention of me having a crush on him. "Mhm sure it is..." Pippa said before both of the girls started giggling. I needed to hide my blush so I walked out the door saying "I'm going to get some water" and made my way down the corridor leaving the laughing duo behind.

I had no clue where the water fountain was since I always bring a bottle with me. I even did today but I just needed to get out of that dressing room for a while. I wandered all around the girl's half and couldn't find it so I wandered down the boy's corridor. It was then that I got a text from my dad telling me that he hopes everything goes well and he'd see me at the weekend. As I was replying, I heard footsteps running towards me. "They'll go around me," I thought so I didn't look up and then I collided with someone and fell to the floor. My phone went flying out my hand and I turned around to look for it. It was then that I noticed who I'd crashed into. "Oh my god I am so sorry! Here, let me help you up". It was Anthony. "Oh u-um Yeah, sorry," I said and took his hand that he had offered me to stand up. His hand was so soft. That sounded weird at the time but I didn't care. "You're Jasmine, right?" Anthony asked me once I was back on my feet. "Yeah. And you are Anthony, right?" I asked in return. "Yes, I am. I'm so sorry that I bumped into you. I just needed a walk since my friends were annoying me" Anthony said. "No, really it's fine. I'm also just on a walk cause Renne and Pippa were annoying me" I replied. I noticed Anthony wasn't really listening. He was staring right into my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I awkwardly coughed and he jolted and then blushed. "Oh, I'm so sorry about that I don't know what hap-" Anthony began before I cut him off saying "No it's fine, really." Just as Anthony was about to walk away, he spotted my phone and picked it up. "Is this yours?" He asked. "Oh yeah, that's mine, Thanks," I said as he handed it back to me. "Do you maybe want to go out and get a coffee or something after this?" Anthony said as my heart skipped a beat. "Yes of course!" I said, rushed. "Oh, I meant um.. Yeah, I'd love to. Sorry" I said. Anthony quietly laughed. "So do you want my number so we can arrange something?" I asked. "Yeah sure," He said and got his phone out. I typed my number into his phone before saying goodbye and walking back to my dressing room. 'Today is going to be good' I thought as I opened the door to the room.

987 Words

A/N

I had no idea what to dowith this chapter. It's really awkward talking to your crush so I tried to base it off real life events that happened to me but it turned out really cliche so I'm sorry about that but I'll try to improve it next chapter :)

-JJ