Baby Trouble

Inspiration for this chapter comes from my friend ACatPerson12345

7 months later

Anthony's POV

It had been 7 months of getting used to being home all the time. I had landed myself a role in a new Netflix show and a new Godzilla movie while Jasmine was starring in a movie written by Daveed. We were as ready as ever to have our baby and we just couldn't wait. The thing is that Jasmine went into labor when we weren't expecting it. She was a month early.

We were casually sitting watching a new movie that was in the cinema and suddenly Jasmine said "Anthony I think I need to leave for a minute". "What do you mean? Are you ok?" I asked. "My stomach really hurts" she said and clutched her very pregnant belly. "Well I'll come with you just incase" I said and we both walked out of the cinema room and stood outside the door. "Ok I think it's getting better now" Jasmine said and leaned against me. I rubbed her back for comfort and just as we were about to walk back into the cinema, she said, "wait no, something really doesn't feel right Ant" and crouched over, holding her belly again. "Do you think it could be... contractions?" I asked. "I-I don't know but it's really sore Ant. Do something please!" She shouted and a member of staff came over. "What seems to be the issue?" She asked. "Hey, um, sorry but my girlfriend doesn't feel too good" I said, awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "My stomach feels tight and it's sore!" Jasmine squeaked. "Wait you say it feels tight?" The woman asks, a look of shock covering her face. "Well... well I don't know how to describe it but yes!" Jasmine shrieked and then her pain seemed to ease. "I take it you're pregnant Miss?" The woman asked again. "Yeah I am! But he isn't due for another month" Jasmine said, "It's probably just a mock labor. You know those ones that people sometimes get?" She said, seemingly calming down. "Well I think it's best we get you to a hospital just incase" she said and we agreed.

The woman took Jasmine and I put of the mall and Jasmine's contractions, wether real or or, were worsening. I was getting worried. It struck me that I didn't know the first thing about caring for a baby. What if I can't take care of my son properly? The thoughts were quickly wiped from my mind by the sound of an ambulance siren.

They loaded Jasmine on and I was allowed to ride with her. There were two men and a woman in the ambulance and they all started helping her. The woman gave her oxygen, one man gave her pain relief and another was trying to explain to her that her water just broke. I held her hand, massaging it for comfort the whole time.

The medics from the ambulance put Jasmine in a wheelchair and took us up to the first floor where the maternity ward was. "Your contractions seem to have come on very suddenly. We need to check if it's safe to deliver yet but I think you should be fine Ms Cephas-Jones" the woman from the ambulance said. She wheeled Jasmine into her own private room and I followed. We were left alone in the room for a few minutes,

During that few minutes, I helped Jasmine into her bed in the room. "I don't think I'll ever want another child even if I could have one" Jas said in between contractions. "I wish I knew how you felt right now so I could help but I'm not sure what to do. I'm sorry" I said and dragged a chair next to the bed. I grasped her hand again and she squeezed it tightly as she screamed. "ANTHONY! GET SOMEONE!" She screamed louder than I've ever heard anyone scream in my life. I ran out the room and alerted a doctor at the end of the corridor. "My girlfriend, Jasmine, is in labor and she's asked me to get someone to help her" I rushed while excitedly, but worriedly, bouncing up and down. "Sure thing. If you go back and be with her, I'll bring the epidural in a minute" She said and ran away as I ran back to Jasmine. I opened the door and she was lying there, out of breath and pale. "Are you ok Jas?" I asked. "Do I look like I'm ok? There's a fucking baby coming out of me!" Jasmine said and lay on the bed.