The Party

Anthony's POV

After our show the next day, Jasmine and I went home to get changed for the party. "Hey Jas, Who do you think will be the first to get drunk?" I asked while I put my tie on. "I don't know... probably Lin to be honest" she replied and we both giggled. "I mean you're not lying" I said.

We both left our apartment to attend the party soon after. We were some of the last to arrive. Lin had hired out a big hall with a bar and a dance floor. It was really nice actually. Everyone welcomed us as we walked in and we waved back. "Hey Ant, my man. How you doin?" Thayne asked us with a cocktail in his hand. He was clearly already a bit drunk. "I'm alright Thayne dude. How's you?" I replied trying to keep up with his energy. "I'm great man" he said before he whooped and ran away. I looked at Jasmine and we laughed at him together.

Through most of the night, Jas and I kept by each other's sides. It wasn't until Lin made a speech and everyone took a shot that we parted. It was meant to be a joke. We were meant to be taking a shot but we were all just happy at the endless supply of alcohol. Daveed, Oak and I got quite drink too. To the point that we all took off our ties and threw them at each other. We started whacking each other with our ties until Oak snapped his tie at Jasmine. Jasmine seemed to also be drunk and tripped over Groffsauce at the surprise of the tie. Jasmine got up and walked over to me and dragged me by the collar to the disabled bathroom. "You seriously need... need to control your friends" Jasmine said, drunk out of her mind. "I can't sorry. Daveed And Oak are wild boys like me" I responded in my drunken haze. "Ant... what?" Jasmine replied. "You know I'm wild baby" I replied with a smirk. "Yeah I do" Jasmine replied. I shoved her against the wall and started to make out with her. I was desperate for this. As I said, drunk Anthony is a flirty Anthony and the rest is a haze.

I must've passed out after being in the bathroom for so long. I woke up to a pounding on the door. "Hey! Anthony is that you in there?" I heard. I was still slightly drunk but not drunk enough to have no control over my actions. "Um, yeah. Who is it?" I shouted back, standing up. My head hurt like hell. "It's Lin dude. It's 4 in the morning most people have gone home. You ok in there?" He shouted. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I shouted back. "Hey, do you know where Jasmine is?" Lin called back. I looked around the bathroom and I saw Jas on the floor, passed out too, only Jas was almost completely naked. "Oh... uh... I'm pretty sure she went home early dude. Don't worry, I'll be out in a sec" I shouted back. I rushed over to Jasmine. "Oh my god. What did we do?" I asked myself. I saw Jasmine's dress on the side of the bathroom where I was lying. I ran over to get it and I tried to dress Jasmine. In the midst of me trying to dress her, she woke up.

"D-dad?" She asked. "Nope. It's Ant" I replied. "W-WHAT?" She screamed  and pushed me away. I stumbled backwards and almost hit my head on the tiles. "What are you doing?? Why are you undressing me?!" Jasmine shouted, furious. "I-I'm not-" I began before being interrupted "You were trying to take advantage of me while I was passed out weren't you?" Jasmine asked as she slipped her dress back on. Before Anthony could respond she said, "You know what Anthony? I've had enough. If I can't even trust you to look after me I'm a situation like this how am I supposed to trust living in the same house as you?" Jasmine said ass she got up and prepared to leave the bathroom. "Wait, Jas, That's not what happened!" I said and grabbed her arm to stop her leaving. She yanked it out and said "Fine, explain why you were undressing me on a locked bathroom while I was unconscious" Jasmine said and crossed her arms. "It was actually the opposite. I woke up after passing out in this bathroom and when I looked up, I saw that you were lying next to me but you were almost naked. I don't know how that happened but I saw your dress across the room and decided to dress you but that's when you woke up" I explained. "Likely Story" Jasmine said and turned around. "No, Jas, please. I would never do that to you... you know that" I said as I broke down into tears. Jasmine's face hitched slightly. "W-well... um...." Jasmine stuttered. She tried to stay angry but her face was slipping. "Please" I said with mr voice breaking. Jasmine's face fell into a frown and a single tear rolled down her cheek. Just when I thought she was about to say something, I hear another knock on the door. "Hey! Anthony you've been in there quite a while now. Can you come out please? I need to talk to you". It was Lin again. "Yeah, one second" I said and unlocked the door. Lin opened it and when he saw me with tears down my face and Jasmine with her makeup running down hers, he said, "Maybe now isn't the best time. I'll see you on Monday" and with that, he turned around and walked out the building. The lights were switched on and the cleaners were up cleaning it.

"Look, Jasmine, I'm extremely sorry about everything and if you could just please, please give me another chance" I said after I had turned around to look her in the face and I held my arms out for a hug. "Not right now, Anthony" Jasmine said and she walked past me and out the door. I felt sick to my stomach. I knew that I was only trying to help but that didn't matter. I had so many emotions building up inside me and I just didn't know what to do. I was sad, angry, sick and regretful. I stood st the entrance to the bathroom just crying and crying. I must've been there for about ten minutes before I felt the need to throw up. I ran into the bathroom and threw up everything I had eaten at the party into the toilet. When I had nothing left, I just gagged and gagged until I broke down crying next to the toilet. Why did I have to come onto Jasmine in earlier in the night? I knew she was sensitive about that kind of thing yet my drunk self decided it would be ok to do that again.

I lay next to the toilet crying and thinking about what a horrible person I was until I finally had the strength to stand up. I felt a rush of anger run through me and I punched the bathroom wall. I didn't know what was wrong with me but all my emotions were building up and I had to get home before I did something even more stupid. I got on the early train back to Brooklyn and stumbled to the nearest hotel. I figured Jasmine would be at the apartment since she had no where else to go so I decided to just book myself a hotel room instead.

1287 Words

Yikes. I'm sorry for this but trust me, this is far from the end of the story :)

-JJ