Cooling Things Off

Jasmine's POV

I sat there on our bed. Well, not for long. I saw no point in crying or getting upset again. I had just recovered from doing that. I had to get out and move on with life. Get back to Hamilton and maybe move back into the city. I just needed a break from all the drama recently. I needed to get out or I feared that I would never fully recover.

I walked out of our bedroom to see Anthony's head swivel round at the sound of the door opening. He was at on the sofa in the living room and it looked like he had been crying. His eyes were puffed up and his cheeks were blotchy. I hardly ever see him cry so I knew he must've been pretty upset. I didn't really care though, I thought I would but I just... didn't.

I walked over to the sofa. "Jas, please" he said, it seemed that he didn't know what to say really. "Don't call me that Anthony" I replied, avoiding eye contact. "Jasmine, look I'm so sorry-" he began. "Look just shut up! I'm so sick of all these meaningless apologies" I shouted. Anthony's face looked like he had just witnessed someone getting shot. I inhaled and exhaled to clam down before continuing. "I just think that maybe we should cool things off romantically for now. We can still be friends obviously since we have to work together but... I think it would be for the best since I seem to be the only one dedicated to this relationship" I said and made my way over to the suitcase of mine we have kept in the hall since I moved in cause we could never be bothered putting it away. "Wait, Jasmine please. I promise you I'll make things right again. You mean everything to me Jas. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking straight... Please" Anthony rushed, more tears rolling down his freckled cheeks. "It's too late for that Anthony... and you know it too" I said as I took the suitcase into Anthony's bedroom to retrieve everything that belonged to me.

I packed my bags full of clothes, ornaments and toiletries that I owned and then I walked out of the bedroom. The whole time I was packing, I could head Anthony's faint cries. The love I still had for him inside me wanted to just abandon what I was doing and comfort him, be with him forever, but the more rational side of me simply wouldn't allow that. Every time I wanted to run and kiss him, my body was frozen to the spot. No matter how hard I tried to forget the fact that he cheated on me and probably got another woman pregnant, the fact just lingered in my thoughts, never fully leaving. Like trying to hold a balloon underwater, I tried pushing it away but it kept coming back to my mind.

As I took my keys off the kitchen counter, I made the mistake of looking back at him. He was curled up in a ball on the sofa, softly crying. I told myself: "Jasmine you can do this. It's for the better. You're still friends" and I turned around and walked out the door. The problem was that I hadn't talked to my parents in about 4 months as I knew they wouldn't approve of the pregnancy so they probably wouldn't randomly accept me crashing at theirs. I phoned Pippa and explained what happened and she told me to 'Get over here right now girl'. I've always loved Pippa.

I walked to her house which was about an hours walk but it was fine. As soon as I arrived, Pippa opened the door with a squeak of excitement. "Jasmine!" She shouted and hugged me tightly. I could see Steven in the kitchen and he just waved at me. I smiled back until she let me out of the hug. "Listen, I'm really sorry about Anthony but he doesn't deserve you. Now, get your ass in here, we're watching movies and eating!" She said, over enthusiastically. That was just her style though. I wheeled my suitcases in and she grabbed them off me and ran upstairs with them. I sat down on her sofa next to Steven as he said, "Just Wait a minute and she'll be down here ordering pizza or something". I laughed as I heard Pippa sprinting down the stairs. "Guys! Guys! I think we should get pizza!" She shouted. Steven and I burst out laughing and she looked at us, a puzzled look on her face before she wiped it off and turned Netflix on. We had a good night watching movies and eating pizza together. I even completely forgot about the events leading up to me being there. I was just too happy.

802 Words

A/N I know this is short hit the chapter will be longer

-CSJ HAHAHA SABOTAGED