Kindergarten

Jasmine's POV

I stood in front of Robbie, looking at what he was wearing. It was his first day of Kindergarten and I wouldn't let him wear his dinosaur sweater, much to his annoyance. I put him in navy shorts and a white shirt. I put a navy sweater on him too so that he looked as smart as possible. "Look at you Robbie! You look so smart baby!" I said and picked him up. "Thanks mommy!" He chirped, very excited. "Well we should go now. We don't want to be late on your first day" I said, carrying him out to the car. Before I strapped him in, Anthony took a picture of him and hugged him goodbye.

We arrived at the Kindergarten and I felt kind of emotional. It seemed like just yesterday that we arrived home with Robbie and now he's already going to Kindergarten. We got out the car and he gripped my hand while walking up the ramp to the building.

We were welcomed by a very overly-friendly woman I'd say in her early 20's. "Hello! You must be new here. I'm Emily and I'm in charge of the green room, the one Robert will be in!" She chirped, happily. "That's great. Should I sign him in or something?" I questioned. "Yeah! Just sign this sheet here and then sign it when you come to pick him up as well" Emily said, gently passing me a sheet attached to a clipboard and a pen. I found Robbie's name and signed him in before handing it back to her. "Bye bye baby" I said and kneeled down to Robbie's height to hug him. He squeezed me tight before we let go. "Bye bye mommy!" He said as Emily took his hand and lead him into a room with a green door.

I arrived home to find Anthony missing. That's weird. He hardly ever left the house without telling me... In fact he hasn't done it since Robbie was born. I looked around to see if he had left a note but... nothing. I pulled out my phone and checked for messages, but again... nothing. I decided to phone him and ask what what was going on. His phone went straight to voicemail however, which meant he either had it off or it was dead. I wondered where he was but then I decided that I shouldn't worry too much as he probably just went to the shops and left his phone somewhere. I sat down and flicked through the many channels.
"Buy the new vacuum clea-"
"Please Fred, don't leave m-"
"Local man released from priso-"
"New from Starbucks! The frapp-"
"News that president Trump has started-"

There was nothing that interested me on TV so I decided to switch on Netflix and watch some of that. I still had three hours until I had to pick up Robbie so I figured I could get through a few episodes of the new season of Riverdale.

Halfway through the last episode I was planning on watching, there was a knock at the door. I figured it must've been Anthony who had forgotten his keys or something but boy, was I wrong. I opened the door with a smile on my face expecting to wrap Anthony in my arms but it wasn't Anthony... it couldn't be... it couldn't possibly be.

"Hello Jasmine"

567 Words

Yes, this is short
Yes, that's a cliffhanger
Yes, you probably know who it is
Yes, you didn't listen to the TV channels
Yes, you didn't think that meant anything
Yes, you're not reading this
Yes, I have no life
Yes, I'll go now