The Manager

Anthony's POV

Jasmine and I were so happy getting back from the hospital that we just heated up a quick pot noodle each, ate them and then fell asleep on the sofa.

When I woke up the next day, it was ten minutes until we needed to be at the theatre. "Jasmine! JASMINE!" I shouted and shook her awake. "Wha? What's up?" She asked, still half asleep and yawning. "We have to be at the theatre in 10 minutes!" I shouted as I ran into my room to retrieve our bag that had both of our water and phone chargers and stuff in it. Jasmine grabbed her makeup bag and phone and we sprinted out to the car. I think I got myself a speeding ticket at the rate I was driving. I didn't wanna be late to rehearsal. I'd never been late to one in my life. "Calm down Ant, you're gonna end up crashing this goddamn car. I'm sure being late one day won't hurt?" Jasmine said. "Maybe... I guess" I admitted and slowed down a little. We managed to make it to the theatre only 8 minutes late. We both ran to our dressing rooms, got changed quickly and met on the stage for 20 minutes past when we were meant to be there. As we walked in stage, I saw the director woman down at the front. "Ah yes, just the pair I was looking for. Why don't you two join me and we'll have a little chat a minute" she said and the whole cast started at us. We bowed our heads and walked down the stairs to lead us down to where she was standing, in the front row of seats. "Come join me up at the back here and we'll have a chat" she said and lead us up to about the middle row of the audience where the cast couldn't hear us. Everyone else continued with their rehearsal. I mean they couldn't hear us in the front row but I guess that wasn't good enough or something? I don't know. This woman creeped me out. "Sit right here guys" she said and we sat next to each other on the seats. "Well I have a concern about rule breaking with you two" she stated. "Have any idea what I could mean by that?". God she was such a bitch. Jasmine and I never hugged or kissed where there were any cameras. We only did it in dressing rooms. "No" we both said in sync. "Well the cameras and our eyewitness say otherwise" she began. "When I first noticed that you two were visiting each other's dressing rooms a lot backstage, I got rather concerned and well you see... I paid one of the cast members to spy on you for me. They've been watching you guys and they have pictures of you two making out in Jasmine's dressing room. Now are you aware what I'm talking about?" She stated, a solid emotionless expression on her face the whole time. "Oh... erm... we-we just..." I tried to reason but it was no use. "I'd like to see the both of you out of this theatre by the 10th of December for ignoring theatre rules" she said. "Oh and maybe don't make out with the door open in future" she said and walked off. I was stunned to silence and so was Jasmine.

"Wha- Was she serious?" I asked as we both stood up. "I assume so. She doesn't seem like the type to joke" Jasmine said. "Well... what do we do? We can't just walk out for no reason" I said. "Should we go talk to someone?" Jasmine awkwardly asked. "I think we should go tell her that we're perfectly fine with that. We can leave next week. That'll be December 8th right?" I asked. "Yeah! That should be fine. It gives me a rest and time off to plan ahead for this little joy" Jasmine happily said and patted her belly. "That's the spirit. Let's go give that woman a piece of our minds" And so we walked, holding hands, down to the manager's office.

We pushed open to door to her office without knocking and the door slammed against the wall. She was sat at her desk, reading papers of some kind. "Why that is no way to enter your manager's office. What do you think you're doing?" She asked, placing the papers in a tray underneath her desk. "We're handing in our resignations. We're fed up of all of this. It's the last thing we need anyway. Jasmine's got a baby on the way she's needs rest for that, we need to buy a whole bunch of stuff, we have to convert our spare room into a nursery and oh my god so many other thi-" I rambled on to her about, while shouting. "That's quite enough Mr Ramos" she said. Jasmine stayed at the door and leaned against it as I walked further into her office. "Well we just came to let you know we're handing in our resignation and we're leaving on the 8th" I stated, sternly. "Well good for you two. And good luck finding another job like this" she said as I turned around and left. "What did you say?" I asked, quickly turning back around. "Just leave it Ant" Jasmine said and grabbed my arm. "No, what did you say?" I asked the woman, trying to yank my arm out of Jasmine's grip but failing. "I said you'll never get a job quite like this again" she said, smugly and laughed quietly to herself. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew it couldn't go up and punch her through the wall like I wanted to so I did the next best thing to annoy her. I grabbed Jasmine's cheeks and slammed my lips against them. She must've caught on cause she kissed back passionately and the woman shouted, "STOP THIS! STOP IT NOW!". We ignored her and kept making out at her office door. "ITS DISGUSTING!" She shouted and proceeded to slam the door on us. We broke apart once she slammed the door and laughed to each other.
This was going to be fun.

1042 Words

Hey it me. I wrote another crappy chapter

-CSJ