Chapter 35

It was just before 6pm when I slid on my black heels. I wore my black dress, which was quite an odd choice for me as usually I'd just wear hoodies.
"You look nice" Murr said to me.
"Thanks" I replied, with a hint of nervousness.
"You okay?" He asked , picking up the feeling of nerves.
"Kinda" I replied.
"Nervous about seeing Sal again?" Murr asked. I nodded and he just gave me a reassuring smile.
"I Better be off!" I replied, making my way to Sal's place.

I gently knocked on the door, which he opened almost straight away. He stood there in a tux (looking gorgeous).
"Wow" he muttered, looking me up and down.
"Thanks" I said, feeling myself blushing. "You look handsome" I said without thinking. Sal looked down to the ground and smiled to himself.
"Shall we get going?" He asked. I nodded.

As the party wasn't too far away we decided to walk. I could tell Sal was nervous as it was his first time out in public and seeing the guys for over a month. We were walking down the path talking about the first time we met at the beach.
"Do you remember that ice cream place?" Sal said with a smile.
"Yeah when you pretended we were dating?" I joked to him, he began laughing.
"That's the one" he said back with a laugh. I slowly felt Sal's hand hover over mine. He gently held it, but then I gripped on tighter as we fully connected our hands. We both knew we were holding hands, but didn't mention it.

We got to the party and waited outside the door. I could tell Sal was getting very nervous now, and that's why he waited outside.
"Look, hold onto my hand okay? Everything will be okay!" I reassured him. And with that he opened up the doors and walked in. As soon as we walked in everyone greeted me and Sal. We walked over to a few producers and the guys, and Jen (with Murr!). 
"Hey Sal" joe said.
"How are you?" Q asked.
"I felt Sal's hand squeeze mine, showing me he was begging more nervous.
"Yeah, where have you been?" The producer asked. Sal squeezed my hand even tighter.
"Actually before we all talk, I think I'll get us all a drink. Sal, could you come with me?" I  said as an excuse to get him out of the situation. As we walked towards the bar, Murr, Joe and Q noticed me and Sal holding hands.
"Are they back together?" Q asked.
"I'm not sure. But I hope so!" Murr replied. Q gave a look of uncertainty.

"Thanks for that" Sal said as we sat down on the stools on the bar.
"No problem. Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Better now" he said with a smile.

Throughout the evening Sal hardly let go of my hand. We talked a little bit to everyone. There were a few awkward questions but we got ourselves out of them. I was seriously falling back in love with Sal.
We sat back down at the bar again next to Q.
"I'll buy the drinks" I said to Sal.
"You don't have to" he replied with a warm smile which melted my heart.
"Of course I will" I replied.
"Thanks" he said to me. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom" Sal said getting off his stool. As Sal got off his chair, he placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my cheek.
"I'll be back in a minute" he whispered then left. The butterflies in my stomach were insane at this point.
As I ordered our drinks, Q slid over to where Sal was sitting.
"So are you two back on?" Q asked.
"Not yet, but I'm hoping to ask him about starting back up our relationship tonight" I told him. Q gave me an uneasy look.
"If you think that's best!" Q said.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"I'm just saying, you got him in this mess and you think it's a good idea to start with things back up?!" Q said. I knew he was trying to annoy me and it was working.
"Shut up!" I snapped at him. Sal quickly came back.
"You okay?" He asked me.
I glanced at Q then back to Sal.
"You didn't think it's my fault you went through a hard time do you?" I asked Sal. He looked at me then turned around, and looked at Q.
"What's he been saying?" Sal asked me.
"I just told her the truth!" Q said with a laugh and walked away.
Sal sat back on the stool next to me, and held my hand again
"I don't blame you for a thing" Sal reassured me.

Me and Sal wanted to leave slightly early, so Sal offered to walk me home.
"Thanks for helping me tonight" Sal said to me, still holding my hand.
"Thank you for being a great date" I replied, avoiding eye contact. Suddenly, a large amount of rain came pouring down on us. We ran outside of the door of Jen's place where I was staying.
"Here we are" I said to Sal.
"Yep!" He said, sheltering himself from the rain.
"Goodnight" I said to him, as I walked inside.
"Carly wait!" Sal said, as he gently grabbed me by the arm and pulled me close to him. He placed his hands on my neck and pulled me in for a soft kiss in the rain...