Chapter 33

To me, Sal looked exhausted. I wanted to give him something to eat and maybe get him to sleep afterwards. The problem was Sal had hardly anything in.
"What about cupcakes? I could make some in twenty minutes or so!" I suggested.
"If you want, but I'm honestly not that hungry. Anyway, how's the bakery?" Sal asked.
'And here comes the awkwardness!' I thought to myself.
"I actually have no idea!" I replied with an awkward laugh.
"What do you mean? It's your business!" Sal said.
"Actually it's not. I've sold my bakery" I told him.
"What why?" He asked.
"I just didn't want to work there anymore. I'm heading back to the uk so I won't need it here. I'm planning on starting a business over there" I revealed.
"But if you have a business in the U.K. It means your... staying there?" He asked, looking tearful again.
"It's only a thought. I haven't booked a flight or anything. It's quite far fetched" I told him.
"But you want to leave?" Sal asked. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.
"I just want to stay here for now" I told him. I let my hand trail down his arm to reach his hand. In that moment I fell back in love with him again. I got that butterfly feeling in my stomach, a warm sensation rush through me. I just wanted to feel his lips on mine again, to hear him say he loves me again. I missed him. I left my hand on his for a while. I stared up at his eyes for a second and slowly leaned closer to him. I planted a quick but soft kiss on his lips.
"I'm sorry" I quickly said.
Sal was that tired he didn't even care. I mean.. He obviously cared but I think he'd rather rest instead of stressing over all the things between us. I made him some food which he hardly touched, then I offered him a cupcake. He used to say how he liked my baking so I hoped he would eat it. He was sat on the sofa in the living room, so I came in with a plate of a few cupcakes.
"There you go" I said, handing him one.
"Thanks" he said, followed by a yawn. He took a miniature bite, not even a crumb size, and put it back on the plate.
"That's it?" I asked him.
"I'm not that hungry" he replied. "I'm tired though" he said.
"Go to sleep" I said.
"I can't. It's rude as your here!" He replied.
"I'm fine. I'll just sit here" I replied.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Definitely. Sleep on the sofa if you really want to" I replied.
"Maybe I'll watch some tv and see if I can fall asleep!" Sal suggested.
"Good plan. I'll quickly clean up the kitchen" I said.
"No! Please.. don't leave" Sal said to me, holding his arms out.
"I'm coming back now. I'll be two seconds" I said with a smile. He smiled back then sat on the sofa. I hurried in the kitchen and tidied away as fast as I could. I quickly walked back in the living room and saw Sal sound asleep. The tv wasn't even switched on, which meant he must have fallen straight asleep. He was slightly sat up, resting his head on his hands. He looked adorable. I couldn't help but take the opportunity to sleep next to him. I gently lifted up his arm and rested my head on his chest.
The only thought running through my mind was..
'I definitely still love him...''