Chapter 23

The next morning I woke up on Q's sofa with a blanket over me. I presumed I fell asleep then he went off to bed. The thought of moving away was still lingering in my mind. But I still wanted to be with him.
I checked my phone and saw zero texts from Sal. I didn't know wether to text him or not. It felt like he was ignoring me, but maybe he wanted to talk?!
After a long time of deciding, I decided to message him.

Me: hey xx

There wasn't a reply for a while. Whilst waiting for a reply, a thought had crossed my mind. Maybe I should ask him to come with me. He obviously loved me to think about purposing... so why wouldn't he want to temporarily move away. Not far far away where he couldn't see the guys... just far enough away from Gary.

I sat on the sofa debating my choices, when I heard Q marching down the creaking stairs. He peered around the corner to see me.
"Oh, morning" Q said, walking up to me.
"Good morning" I replied. "I texted Sal" I told him.
"Oh yeah.." Q began, until my phone interrupted.
"It's Sal!!" I shouted excitedly.
"What did he say!?" Q asked.
"He said.... hello. I think we need to talk, come round to my place, kiss kiss" I revealed.
"That's good. He wants to see you and he added a kiss kiss!" Q said.
"I suppose. I better get ready!" I said.

****
It was just gone 11am, when I went over to Sal's place. I was very nervous. I'm definitely going to ask him to move away with me. We could be so happy together. Our future together!

I walked up to his front door and gently knocked. He slowly opened it with an uncomfortable smile. He led me to his sofa, as we sat down.
"So I think we need to talk" Sal began.
"Definitely. I have something I need to ask you!" I told him. All I was thinking was how to ask him to move in with me.
"I think last night made things very clear" Sal said, with a faded smile.
"It really did!" I replied. I meant that it made it clear for us to move in with each other.
"That.... we need to break up!" Sal said to me.
"What?" I asked him.
"Well we clearly don't work together" Sal said. "I mean your great so maybe we should be friends" Sal added. I couldn't bare to look at him. I just picked up my bag and walked off. He didn't even chase after me. We are definitely over!!