Chapter 20

Me and Sal looked at each other, with regret in our eyes.
"Well I'm breaking them up!" Sal whispered to me.
"No, leave it. Gary is doing it for a reaction. He will stop" I replied.
Amanda walked up to us, locked hands with Gary. Me and Sal hated the sight of this.
"If we act like we aren't bothered then Gary will break up with her" I said to Sal.
"Great plan, babe" Sal whispered.
"Hey guys!!" Amanda said to us. "Meet~" she began.
"Gary?!" I interrupted.
"How did you know?!" Amanda said.
"Lucky guess I suppose" I said.  I could feel Sal giving him a death stare.
"Dinners ready!" Sals Mum shouted.

****
We all sat down to dinner. Me and Sal sat opposite Amanda and Gary, and his parents on either side. I could tell Sal hated seeing his sister with Gary, so I tried to calm him down, however it wasn't working.
"Babe, come to the bathroom with me?" I whispered to Sal.
"Sure" he replied to me.

We walked into the bathroom and I locked the door.
"You need to calm down!" I said to him.
"What I am calm!" Sal said, in a high pitched voice.
"Your not babe" I said to him.
"It's just... I can't stand him!" Sal said.
"I know" I said, giving him a hug. He held me tightly.
"Let me show you something.." sal said, tugging me with his arm. He held my hand, and took me up to a rooftop on the house.
"I hate heights!" I shouted with a nervous laugh.
"I'll keep you safe" Sal  reassured me, holding onto my hand tighter. I closed my hands, then he held both my hands.
"Open your eyes" Sal said. I slowly opened them to see the most gorgeous sight. It was the view of the dark city, with the lights scattered around.
"It's beautiful" I said. I walked slowly away from him, holding onto the bars in front. I admired the city. I slowly felt Sal wrap his arms around me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder and gently kissed my cheek.
"I love you" he whispered in my ear. That feeling ran down my body, causing my smile to grow wider in my face.
"I love you more than anything in the entire world" I replied. I turned around, so I was face to face with him. Sal stared into my eyes for a split second then leaned in for the most softest and best kiss of my life. I wrapped my arms around him, like a hug, and rested my head on his chest, hearing his soft heartbeat. We watched the lights of the dark city from the rooftop.
"Sal.. Carly dinner!" Sal mum shouted.
"I suppose we better go" I said.
"I don't want to, I just want to stay here with you" Sal whined. I smiled
"Come on" I said, tugging him by the hand downstairs.

***

We sat at the table as the dinner was served.
"Where were you two?" Sal's dad asked.
"We...er..." Sal began. I lightly laughed and looked down to the ground. "I just shown Carly around" Sal said.
"I must say you have a beautiful place" I said.
"Thank you. So Gary... where do you work" Sal's mum asked him.
"I own a bakery" Gary said. The anger was rising up in Sal.
"Liar" Sal muttered. He gave Gary a death stare, which Gary returned.
"What about you, Carly?" Sal's mum asked.
"I actually own a bakery" I replied.
"Well you own half" Gary interrupted.
"And so do you!" Sal snapped at him.
Sal's mum and dad gave each other a look of confusion.
"So how did you and Carly meet?" Sal's mum asked Sal.
"I met Carly through Murr actually. He is dating Carly's best friend and we met when we went on a day out together" Sal said with a smile.
"Maybe Carly was looking for someone like her ex... which she clearly failed" Gary said to wind us up.
"Yeah she must have failed... as I'm not a jerk like her ex!" Sal smartly replied. Me and Sal gave each other a high five as we saw Gary getting annoyed.
"Well that sounds great. I met Gary at my new job. He came in and said about his plans to take over the business then asked me out!" Amanda said.
"What? Taking over the business?" I asked, with a growing concern.