Chapter 3

I got myself up and picked up the ripped pieces of paper from the floor and piled it on the coffee table beside me. I went upstairs got changed into a white t shirt and my denim jeans. It was the middle of summer and it was very very hot today. If you stepped outside you felt as if you were melting.

It was around 11am when there was a knock at my door. I opened it up to see Jen.
"You ready?" She asked.
"Yep" I replied.
"Now be nice to Murr and his friends!" She warned me as we walked up to the car. Murr got out to greet me.
"Hello. I'm Murr. You must be Carly! I've heard lots about you!" Murr said to me. I shook his hand and gave him a warm smile.
"I've heard a lot about you too!" I replied. We got into the car. Murr and Jen in the front and I was at the back on my own. I didn't mind, I just put my headphones on. They were talking about their relationship anyway, and I had no real interest in it. Murr stopped at another house and picked up some guy who sat next to me in the car.
"This is Sal" Murr said to me and Jen. I just smiled at him then turned to look out the window and continued to listen to my music. Sal did the same, he put his headphones and we ignored Murr and Jen.

"I'm so sorry about Carly. But she usually does this when we go on road trips" Jen said to Murr.
"Hey no problem. Whatever makes her happy. I'm sorry for Sal, he's doing the same" Murr said.
"I'm not deaf!" Sal said to them with a laugh. I could feel his eyes on me.
He smiled to himself and put the headphones on again. Murr turned off the car radio.
"Are they listening to the same song?" Murr asked Jen.
"Yep!" She replied and they both laughed.
"Carly and Sal are very much alike by the sounds of it!" Murr said to Jen.