Chapter 8

I hurried back from shopping, with bags and bags. I walked through the door, opening it with my back.
"Sorry Jen~" I began as I turned round to see Sal stood there. "Oh your not Jen" I said with a laugh.
"Last time I checked I wasn't" he joked.
"What are you doing here?" I asked Sal, walking into the kitchen.
"Well Jen and Murr went out and I offered to stay here whilst they went out" Sal explained.
"Oh. Where did they go?" I asked.
"For a lunch date" Sal replied. He leaned against the door frame with his arms folded, with a smile.
"Great! I needed her to look after the counter and help with the displays!" I whined.
"I can help!" Sal said enthusiastically.
"It's fine. I'm sure your busy" I said to him, beginning to make another cake.
"I'm free! We have no filming and I'd love to help ya" Sal said to me. "Where shall I start?" He asked.
I felt terrible asking him to help, but I needed someone else. I couldn't bake, do the paper work and set up the displays and ring customers. Fridays were always the busiest days.
"Are you sure?" I asked. He warmly gave me a smile. "You could set the display up for these cupcakes" I said, handing him the big box of cupcakes. Sal grabbed them, briefly touching my hand, which made me smile, then walked off with them.

I stayed in the kitchen and baked the amount of cupcakes I needed for a customer, whilst Sal set up the displays in the window. I took out my last batch of the day and packed them up neatly. I labelled the box ready for the customer to collect and put them away.
I felt bad about asking Sal to help me out so I spared a red velvet cupcake, and a drew love heart on top with the spare icing. I walked into the front of the bakery, where Sal was, and saw he had just finished setting up the display.
"I made you this" I said with a smile handing him the cupcake. He took it from me with a smile.
"This is so sweet, thanks" he said to me. He began to eat the cupcake, as I went back into the kitchen... but he soon followed.
"Do you have any spare mixture you count need?" He asked with a smirk.
"Loads" I said to him. "Why?" I asked.
"I really wanna learn how to make good cupcakes... like yours" he said to me. I laughed then he stood next to me by the counter.
"Right, mix these together" I told him. He began to do it as I handed him all the stuff. After that he put them in the oven and set the timer. I sat on the stool in the kitchen and waited. Sal was walking around.
"Thanks for today" I said to him.
"No problem. I liked spending time with ya" he replied back. I could feel my cheeks slowly burning red and I had no clue why.
"I had a dream about you" I blurted out.
'Why would you even say that?! It had no reference! You sound like a freak!!!' I thought to myself.
"Oh yeah" he said, sounding intrigued.
"We were back on the beach and we.." I began.
'Don't say it! Please don't say it!' I begged to myself.
"Kissed" I spat out. He oddly kept the smile on his face. In fact, his smile grew wider.
"Really?! Why?" He asked.
"Why what?" I said.
"Why did we kiss?!" He asked, wanting to know the details.
"I suppose we were in the moment" I suggested. He just smiled at me and continued his little stroll around the kitchen.
"Should we make the icing ready for when the cakes come out?" Sal asked.
"Yep" I replied.

We walked back over to the mixing bowl, where the ingredients were next to. I mixed some butter and sugar and milk and began to stir. Sal stood beside me and watched me.
"Shouldn't you use your hands to mix?" He suggested with a smirk, which I had no clue why. I began to mix with my hands.
"Like that?" I asked him, demonstrating what I was doing.
"No no no" he said to me.
Sal stood behind me, very closely. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his hands on mine. I felt his breath slowly breathing on my neck. He began to guide my hands with his, demonstrating on how to mix it.
"Like this" he said softly.
I turned around and picked some icing up.
"You see I think you've done it all wrong" I joked, standing face to face. I threw a bit at him jokingly. He laughed then threw some icing back at me, landing in my hair.
"Oh no I got it in your hair. Here, let me get it out" he said to me. I turned so I was face to face. We were inches apart. I felt his soft hand on my head. I stared into his green eyes.
"Was this the moment?" Sal teased. He leaned in. Our lips were inches apart. He leaned closer...